Be Broadband

Review of "Be Broadband"

published 14/04/2008 | ParkinK02
Member since : 18/04/2007
Pro Does exactly what it says on the tin - Reliable
Cons Little pricey at todays standards

"Be there broadband - Groovy"

I signed up to Be because of 3 reasons:

1 - No minimum contract, just give 1 month notice before you want to disconnect. They did this with no problem and no arguing or hard sell, I just said I'm moving house so need to cancel and they said fine we'll cancel on the date. And they did.

2 - Very simple contract. £24.00 per month for up to 24mbps with no download limit or upload limit. Very simple, I signed up online, gave my phone number and they set up my account, gave me an estimated live date and kept me updated on my online account and via email.

3 - The speed and reliability - I work in telecoms and so know that the odd outage etc is inevitable (also the fact I signed up for another company other than my own says a lot for Be!) There was an outage, I was sent a text message and email telling me of the outage and advised of the reconnection date. And again they stuck to their word.

I didn't get anywhere near the 24Mb per second, but all telecoms companies promise a maximum, this is based on a 50 to 1 contention ratio, this basically means there will be a 24MB connection and up to 50 people could be connected to it, this is the norm for normal customers, I got between 2 and 6mb depending on when I connected which is more than enough for browsing the net. There's not actually any need for a 24mb connection (well no legal need anyway!)

Overall I could not complain, everything was as they promised and if there where any times I actually needed customer service it was given professionally and promptly.

One downside would be the price, not because it's not worth it, but when other companies offer broadband for free it seems a little steep to pay £24 for it, but you get what you pay for, I've had free broadband from companies, and that rule does apply! I got what I paid for, which is why I'm rejoining Be next month!