cabsookie 5

cabsookie

Member since:04.05.2005

Mammy bear,Daddy bear and gypsy the cow!!

03.10.2005

Advantages:
Lovely personal gift !

Disadvantages:
None that I can think of .  .

Age Group

2. marymoose99
  3. Spottydog11

The Bear Factory..
********************

My own experience of this amazing shop.. My daughter and I were visiting my mam one day and my auntie was there too..

She was telling us of her other niece who had been given a gift of a bear factory teddy bear, she went on to describe the various items of clothing you could get for the bear to wear, and also how you choose the bear and actually have It "stuffed" while you are at the shop.

Well we were curious, my daughter was then 12 it was nearly her birthday ,she and I decided to go to the metro centre near where we live and have a look at the shop which had just opened. Off we went.

The shop itself was a nicely decorated shop with a machine In It which we discovered was the stuffing machine. The shop had like a factory style appearance in a cartoon type of way..

We chose a bear that we liked; they have no stuffing in and a slit in their back ready for the body to be sorted.
We then went to the machine to have him stuffed..

They asked If we wanted Him to be firm or cuddly, Robbie chose cuddly so that was what the lady did, The machine itself has a tube that runs all around the shop ad you can see the fibre flowing through the pipes as the operation takes place so to speak, You then take It to the next stage which Is the heart.

You pick up a small silky red heart, you can now choose from many colours but at the time it was red only. The assistant told us to kiss the heart whilst making a wish; you then place the heart in the stuffing ready to be sewn up.

At this point you can also add a voice box but we chose not to. But a bit about them, you can choose a voice of a bark, moo, meow, etc or you can record your own voice with a message.
We had our hearts in place and when the lady sewed up our bears we had to choose a name, you could choose your own or they had a book to look up girls and boys names.

That done we then had to fill in a form which had our name and where your bear was born, and the bears name, you hand this In at the desk and they add the details to the computer and you are given a birth certificate all very quaint.

You can buy a cardboard box to put your bear in It is only 50p it has a hole in the back and front to pop your bears head through so they can breathe?

The bears we chose cost £9.99 at the time, you can still get bears for this price and then there are more expensive ones and if you hit on in the sale you can get them for £5.99.

They measure approx one foot from head to toe, and they come in bear form as well as horse, dog, cat, and cow, The cow one Ive got Is my favorite.

I did this for Christmas pressies, buying in the sale means you are getting the same original quality gift for a fraction of the price.
You can dress your bear and the clothing is very similar to children's clothing but smaller, great quality but can be expensive if you add accessories too.

The clothing varies in price but a full outfit can add up to £15 -
£20 with accessories included.

There are themes, I recently bought a bear for a friends new born baby, my friend Is a diver and so I got a bear with a full diver suit on including flippers and snorkel the whole thing including the bear cost £27 that may seem expensive but it is great quality and so cute.

The bear factory say you shouldnt give bears to children under three for safety reasons and so my mate was ordered to treat his bear as an orniment type of thing for a few years..

A bit about, the bear factory..

It originated in Hamleys store in London. And has Ted the tailor's workshop where all the magic takes place. Store Locations are in and around England Scotland and Wales as well as around the world.

The Bear factory has a website; it offers online ordering and delivers all over the place for around £3.50 per bear. I couldn't find out when the company actually began, I could have emailed the company to find out.
The website shows you all the items you can buy in the shops, it is easy to shop online and is secure.

You can now get baby bears too, they are the same as the normal ones but smaller.. Simple isn't it..

All facts on this page have been researched by myself and also from my own experience of purchasing several of these bears over the years, there has been no cutting or pasting or copying of any kind.

It is an experience to go into this shop and I am now the proud owner of three of these lovely bears they were bought as presents I love these bears and the shop Is a magical wonderland..

Enjoy.. caz. xx
****************
Pictures of Bear Factory (Shop)
Bear Factory (Shop) Picture 1805724 tb

Expired-Account 28.04.2008 19:05

Nice review, not heard of this place before

marymoose99 20.04.2008 13:34

Now, if only they did Build a Moose!

Spottydog11 16.04.2008 10:40

I love this place, I bought my flower girl a bear from here for my wedding and it went down really well.