Review of "Beat BEAT375"

published 29/09/2010 | Bennett1337
Member since : 29/09/2010
Pro Amount of Features, Sound Quality, Bluetooth, Price
Cons Build Quality
How is the Sound Quality?
Ease of Installation
How is the Look & Design?
Instructions
Range of Features

"Full of Features at a Bargain Price!"

Beat BEAT375

Beat BEAT375

The 375 is the latest offering in Beats price smashing range of car stereos. Beat have packed this unit so full of features they struggle to fit them all on the packaging. Priced at less than £90, the 375 is better equipped than some units that are twice the price.

I like to use a unit for a solid fortnight before passing judgement on its credentials. Upon fitting the 375 I had high hopes for this attractive looking unit. It immediately became apparent that I was not going to be let down. The touch panel controls that are spread across the unit have a good level of sensitivity meaning that your input is picked up nice and clearly. The first day I had the stereo fitted it took me a while to get used to this feature as it has been a while since I used a purely touch panel unit.

The stereo itself is very smart in its appearance and tends to blend in very well with most dashboards to give an almost OEM look. I had a lot friends commenting on its looks in the time that it was fitted to my car. The point that people overlooked was the amount of features on this unit. It can handle almost any digital media and is able to take the info from most sources. I found the direct iPod control (additional lead required) the most useful but also the most frustrating feature of the stereo. It does exactly what it says on the tin, allows you to use the iPod through the stereo however if you are used to using the more expensive models like myself you may find it a bit slow and clumsy. For me this was a bit of a let down however I have high standards with technology.

One of the best features of this stereo was the connectivity, I had my iPhone, 2 usb drives and an SD card all in the car and could swap between them with the click of a button. There are not many stereos out there that can handle that many different connection types. For less than £90 the value for money on show here is beyond impressive. The added bonus of bluetooth on this stereo is excellent, the quality of the audio is great. When making a call it is very clear and I found no problems when using this feature.

As a whole package the Beat 375 stereo is worth every penny. If your after something that is a little understated but can do everything you want then you cant really go wrong with this stereo.