Review of "Becko Straight Shank Golf Umbrella"

published 16/12/2015 | beautybuff
Member since : 22/03/2014
hitting publish when you meant save to draft gggrrr ... no way to undo?! pfft.
Pro pleating is so pretty
Cons none
Durabiltiy
Price

"I think Mary Poppins would approve of this umbrella!"

Becko Straight Shank Golf Umbrella

Becko Straight Shank Golf Umbrella

I bought this umbrella in preparation for the winter weather. I like to keep a large ish (but not too big!) umbrella in the car at all times so I am not caught out. I don't like those huge golf umbrellas everyone seems to have these days but equally hate those small and claustrophobic ones that seem to tangle the spokes around my hair and make it impossible to shelter a friend or daughter at the same time. There has to be a compromise... and there is with the Becko 44 inch.

First impressions
I have the blue umbrella and I must point out that it is a lot more navy blue than it looks on the photo but to me it is a lot nicer, the actual colour. Upon receiving in a giant box - the type that everyone who sees it wonders what is in it - the umbrella was carefully packaged in bubble wrap and under this layer is .... an umbrella bag! It's not an average one either, it's very much specifically designed for THIS umbrella with a carrying strap too and the bottom of it has an elasticated exit for the metal spike of the umbrella, it's very classy with a small Becko tag sewn in to the side.

In use
The actual umbrella has a really soft and chunky foam handle and the opening mechanism is very smooth and not at all nippy or finger trappy! The undercarriage of the umbrella (never thought I'd write that in a sentence!) is amazing! The spokes are plentiful and neat and look like a well organised system, almost insect like in its formation. This gives the umbrella its unique and wonderful shape.

My thoughts
Overall, this has the look and feel of a VERY expensive umbrella, it's a class above most other umbrellas on the market and yet the price is very reasonable so you are really getting your money's worth with this one. I'm almost hoping for bad weather so that I can use it! I love the colour and shape of it and approve of the larger than small but smaller than huge size of it. I also love the bag that you can sling over your shoulder if you're not sure what the weather is going to do. It makes me feel a bit like I've got a weapon on my back but I have, it's the weather destroyer!

Price
This umbrella is currently listed on Amazon UK for £19.99. It is absolutely worth that price tag.

Final word
I received a discount upon purchasing this item in return for an honest review. I do love this umbrella and will not be letting it out of my sight ever as it's too good to lose!

• euphie published 16/12/2015
    vh :o)
  • catsholiday published 16/12/2015
    Expensive brolly!
  • 2mennycds published 16/12/2015
    Bet it looks good with a carpet bag, too! vh