Bedworld.net

Member since : 06/12/2006
Pro Cheap, on the web
Cons Unreliable, Very slow, condesending staff,

"Drama in bedworld"

Ok, so the senario was that I had moved out into my first home, but we wanted to get a new bed, pretty much as quickly as possible, and as reasonably priced as anyone knows your first home can quickly become a money pit!

I searched google and came up with bed world, they were a supplier of a type of matress I had, had before, they are good, but thats another review.

Bedworld were quick to take the money and called up about 3 days later to arrange delivery, they said that they can deliver any day, but it could be any time in the day so I would need to be in the whole day. Sounded great.

The day before delivery they called about 430pm to say that there was a stock problem and the matress would not be delivered, I was not impressed, had to book the day off work as holiday and now it was lost. Bedworlds attitude was, well not our problem, but pick another day and we will deliver then. So I gave them the benifit of the doubt and booked another day.

Then again about 4pm the day before delivery the shop called to say that there was a shortage of mattresses and they would be unable to deliver, I was pretty livid as I was now two days holiday down and wasted and there was no alternative offered, no compenstation of any kind just when can we deliver again?

So I told them to cancel the order and give me my money back as I was done wasting my time and money and holiday on them. They said they would do this. About 3 days later I still had not recived my refund so I called up. The office said that it would take a few days, I explained that it had already been a few days and they were unable to help me. Called up for the next 3 days to be told by the manager phil that I should have sent an email to cancel the order and I was told this, I certianly never was told this and told him so, he basically said that I was a lier and that its standard process, so I sent an email, with no respose, I sent the email each day for a further week and still no response. So I called up and they finally processed my payment.

Appaling service, avoid at all costs!

• lesa60 published 15/12/2006
    Customer service in this country seems to be getting worse, not better.
  • JeffFromPoole published 14/12/2006
    thankfully this kind of thing is getting rarer, let's hope that this company goes to the wall ASAP
  • Minha published 14/12/2006
    What an awful experience - sorry you lost your holidays. Hazel xx