Bedworld.net

Home & Garden

Review of "Bedworld.net"

published 11/02/2010 | 006057
Member since : 11/02/2010
Good
Pro Cheap, good delivery guys. Polite and helpful call centre staff (bar one guy who was crap)
Cons Longer lead times than advertised, no communication unless you do the work.

"BedWorld/iMattresses - Sealy Backcare regular Mattress"

After ordering the above mattress from iMatresses.co.uk/BedWorld and waiting for the 1-2 weeks lead time , I thought to check on it's progress. I spoke to the call centre who helpfully said it would be coming into my local courier on Friday and they would call me then. This would be 3 weeks. (The lead time also changed to 2-3 weeks on their site website which was weird).

It came to Friday but nothing, so called them back to speak to someone who was very unhelpful and did not seem to know what they were doing. I called back and seemed to get the original helpful person who then said, the mattress will be coming into my local courier on Monday. Monday I said, you said Friday last time?

So at this point I was worried, thinking they are not telling me accurate info. I then checked out reviews on this site to be shocked on how many problems there had been with similar cicrumstances.

Anyway, my wife then phoned on Monday after it not coming!, asking what is happening and of course guess what she got told. "The mattress will be coming into my local courier this week and they would call me then"... They would not give us any courier contact details or an exact date.

I was then convinced the firm has taken our money and we would never see the mattress.

So then I decided to email all of their contact addresses on their website and use their Live Chat feature (which was very good actually). Within seconds 'Donna' appeared online with me via the Live Chat feature and said to me she would get someone to contact me from Deliveries asap. 2 minutes later a Cambridge number called my mobile and said they would deliver on Thursday (TODAY). I also got a further email stating this and a call from them. Must be to do with the many emails I sent to different depts....!

Anyway, the mattress has come (TODAY) and delivery guys were great, they took it upstairs for us and all is well.

I think the key with this company is, don't expect great communication from them and you have to expect a longer delivery time and for you to chase them if you want something. Not great, but probably reflective in price etc etc... Hopefully saved some money in the end (I hope).