Beko 28426NDS

Beko 28426NDS

16:9 - 28 in - 50 Hertz - Stereo - without Real Flat Screen

Review of "Beko 28426NDS"

published 22/08/2006 | simond25
Member since : 14/07/2006
Good
Pro Good solid tv, good picture, allrounder.
Cons Sound quality not up to scratch
Picture Playback
Sound Quality
Ease of Use
Ease of Installation
Remote Control

"Budget TV"

beko tv

beko tv

This TV is a good quality tv for the money you pay. If you want a cheap tv that works and is under guaruntee for a year then this is your best bet.
If however you want top notch sound and picture quality then look elsewhere.

The TV looks great this particular one came in a silver finish with speakers on either side. Be warned this tv weighs a ton and should be a 2 man job to put on a
table or stand.
Everything is nice and simple with 2 scart sockets at the back for dvd and digibox plus an aerial port. The channel tuning was automated and a complete breeze.
Setting up the tv was easy as pie. I connected the skybox and dvd autotuned channels and hey presto I had sky tv plus dvd's worked straight away!! The remote is easy to use and very light.

TV Specs:

Height - 49cm
Width - 72cm
Depth - 50cm
Screen Size (Inches) - 28''
Widescreen Nicam Remote Control Teletext
Fastext or None - Fastext No. of Scart Sockets
2 Auto Set Up On Screen Menus
Sleep Timer
Child Lock
Manufacturers Guarantee Period - 1 Years In Home Service And 1 Years Parts Guarantee

Sound
The tv comes with presets such as cinema and music. Unfortunately this tv is a little bit of a let down with the sound. This is probably why the tv is so cheap because of the rubbish speackers and the 8bit built in sound card. the sound is quite tinny soundind and when you increase the volume when playing music you can hear the distortion on the speackers. Personally I am not particlarly botheres because I have 2 children so the sound is quite low most of the time. If I need good sound then I play mp3's on my pc through my amp. If you want high quality sound for a cinema like experience then you will need to look for something but if you want budget tv with adequate sound then this if ro you.

Picture:
There are 4 different picture settings, 16/9 ; 4:3 ; zoom and letterbox. The picutre quality is pretty good. It is not as crisp as some tv's. Thr contracst and brightness are used eaisly enought but we found the default setting was absolutely fine. I found watching dvd's, sport, documentaries and just normal tv the picture was fine no strech or graininess. Don't get me wrong the picture is not perfect like HD or high end plasma. But then I only paid £169.99 for this so for me so long as the pciiture was okay I was more then happy. If you want perfect crispness and high end picture then you will have to look elsewhere and pay a lot more.
For a budget tv cheapest widescreen there is then it is very good.

I paid £169.99 for this tv which at the time I thought was a brilliant price and I have seen it at tesco's for £159.99.

Summary.

Solid, average widescreen budget tv.

• Mayclair published 23/08/2006
    Good review....and the TV dosent sound bad either.......Gina x