Beko CDA 653 F

Beko CDA 653 F

Refrigerators - Freestanding - Energy Efficiency: A - Total Capacity: 260, 94 litres

Review of "Beko CDA 653 F"

published 07/06/2011 | bexx0907
Member since : 23/06/2009
Many thanks for all the R/R/C's, all much appreciated! Try to ensure I return the favour for all, but if I do miss you then give me a shout so I can get onto it!
Pro Good value for money, does the job well, looks nice
Cons None for me
Performance
User's Manual
Cleaning & Maintenance

"Beko CDA653F Fridge Freezer"

I have mentioned in a couple of previous reviews that we have had a new kitchen. Whilst renovating the kitchen, we have altered the layout too and whereas before we had an undercounter fridge and freezer, we now only had room for a fridge/freezer combi so we had to purchase a new one.

With all the work we have had done, we couldn’t really afford something too grand and so ended up with a Beko one as we have had a few Beko products before and considering they are one of the cheapest brands around, we haven’t had too many problems in terms of reliability from them.

The model we went for was the CDA653F. If you wish to look the code up, you add a ‘W’ at the end for a white one and an ‘S’ at the end for silver. We went for silver as it matched the rest of our kitchen. The fridge freezer didn’t look particularly big when we purchased it, but I realised straight away that this combi would give us more space than our previous under counter ones did.

The fridge has three glass shelves, egg tray and the usual salad drawer at the bottom. What I really liked about this was that it had a water dispenser on the door of the fridge which is bottle fed from inside the fridge. I have always wanted one of these and made my day that I had got one. It also has a chrome wine/bottle rack inside making it perfect for storing bottles and it means they can’t roll around in the fridge.

As for the freezer, it has four quite decent sized drawers which aren’t particularly wide, but are deeper than you think. The drawers are clear fronted to make it easier to see what is in them and it has a tray for making and storing ice cubes.

This fridge freezer has an energy rating of A so it is very efficient indeed and has a temperature dial which you adjust to suit. In comparison to my old ones, I couldn’t believe how cool the fridge was. Either my previous one wasn’t working too well or this is just fantastic as it kept everything really cool, but at a constant temperature and not at one that was too cold. The freezer worked well too and has been a godsend being frost free which again is something that I have never owned before and although I haven’t owned this one yet for too long, normally the frost has started to build up quite well by now, but there is no sign whatsoever of it yet. One of my pet hates was defrosting the freezer and I used to leave the job till I couldn’t open the freezer drawers anymore so its looking likely that this freezer will eliminate that job completely.

For information, the dimensions of this fridge freezer are 59.5cm wide x 190.6cm high x 60cm deep so is about average. It also has reversible front doors so the fridge freezer is quite versatile in that way.
We got ours from Tesco Direct in order to obtain some Tesco clubcard points as wherever you purchase it from, it seems to be around the same price of £370 for the silver and is around £350 for the white one, which I think is pretty good value for money for such a decent fridge freezer.

Overall, although the main reason we brought this fridge freezer was because of the price, I have so far been really impressed with the quality too. There is ample space in both the fridge and the freezer to fit enough food to feed a decent sized family and the temperatures are perfect for us in that the fridge is cool, but not ice cold and the freezer is ice cold without frosting up which is just how they should be. The temperatures don’t seem to fluctuate either which is an issue I had with my old ones and I had to keep adjusting the dial whereas since day 1, I haven’t had to do that with this one.

Thus far, this has proven to be reliable and it looks pretty good too. It doesn’t have any real fancy features apart from the water dispenser but then it doesn’t need to. The main thing to me is does its job and to a high standard and this fridge freezer does just that. To anyone looking to get a freestanding fridge freezer such as this, I highly recommend you look at this one as it is really good value for money.

• shoequeenrach published 07/06/2011