Beko DRCS68W

Beko DRCS68W

Freestanding - Front Loading - Max load:6 kg - Electronic with Sensor - Width: 60 cm

Review of "Beko DRCS68W"

published 02/09/2010 | sarahbarrow
Member since : 11/05/2007
Well that was the longest couple of weeks break I've ever had! xx
Pro A child lock and sensor to switch machine off when done.
Cons May not be enough cycles for some.
Performance
User's Manual
Cleaning & Maintenance

"Beko-ning to me!"

Unfortunately, and is always the way, both my washing machine and tumble dryer decided to die within a couple of weeks of each other, both of them just being the wrong side of there warranties…….typical!

Having managed a mere few days without my washing machine and having to replace it, I decided to leave my tumble dryer in the vain hope the weather would be good enough to dry my clothes on the line…….yeah, which is why I am now reviewing my new tumble dryer!

The tumble dryer in question is - “Beko - condenser sensor dryer - 6kg”.

I specifically went to buy a condenser unit as my days of sticking a vent pipe into an ice block unit or out of a window are over, I prefer to spend a little more on a unit and have all the condenser water into a purpose designed tray.

The unit itself is a bog standard sized machine, the same size as a generic washing machine, but with a slightly larger sized drum, holding 6kg of washing, though this is of course wet weight.

This unit has a solid door, unlike my last machine with it looking very much like my washing machine, with the clothes being visible within, though either way it makes no difference to me as long as the machine is doing what it should be!

As with many of the tumble dryers I have had in the past there is the facility of changing the hinges on the door, thus ensuring the doors opens either way, this is to suit your space and your needs, though the door is already attached, so the change would have to be done by yourselves.
I have not had to do this as the door opens wide enough for any sized area!

There are not as many cycles available on this machine than my previous one, in my opinion that is much better, I didn’t use half of them anyway!

There are four different timed cycles you can simply move the dial too, to choose. A ready to wear and ready to iron cycle specifically for cottons, and the same again for synthetics is also available, though as the unit was bought due to the sensor I just use one cycle alone.

This is the “ready to wear” cycle, and that is exactly how the machine leaves your clothes.

On the far side from the dial is a programme list, each stage that gets reached within the sensor cycle becomes lit up in turn, this is obviously an indication of how far through the cycle is.

There are two push buttons, one saying buzzer cancel, which does as it states, then a start/pause/cancel button, this can pause through a cycle so more clothes can be added to an already started cycle, or can be used in conjunction with the afore mentioned button to lock the door to prevent a child messing around with door, or even climbing in.

Finally there is a button that lights up for when the fluff filter needs emptying, which in fairness is after every load dried, and another that tells you when the water tank is full, which again is a pointless thing as it should be emptied after every load done.

There is a buzzer that goes off intermittently to indicate the end of a cycle, perfect for someone like me, I tend to put things on then get distracted by other things, forgetting I even had a load in there, hence the reason why I always have so much ironing, this way I can take out and fold the clothes whilst still warm, meaning most of it can be hung straight up!

As said before there is not much choice cycle wise, with the same being said for temperatures and delayed starts, so if a machine was require that could be set for Economy7, this isn’t your guy, but for a really effective and slightly larger unit, ideal for families an high volume drying I would highly recommend this unit.

There is the obligatory condenser unit at the base of the machine that has to be taken out and cleaned every 15 cycles/ once a month, 15 cycles of drying for my house equates to a weeks worth of washing, so obviously more often for me!

Full instructions on cycles, loading and usage comes with the machine, though be warned the instructions are generic for the 6kg and also the 7kg, so you will have to read and pick out the relevant information for your particular machine, the 7kg machine has a couple more cycles on it.

This unit was bought from www.currys.co.uk and is currently on offer at a slightly reduced price of £229, which I feel is a fair price due to the lack of programmes available, but for my needs was a perfect purchase.

Thanks for reading x

• shoppingpenguin published 22/09/2010
    i never use my tumble drier; prefer drying it on the rack...
  • KarenUK published 08/09/2010
    We have a Beko oven & it's pretty good though the brand doesn't have a great reputation.
  • greenierexyboy published 03/09/2010
    All the world's conspiracy theorists could do us all a favour by forgetting about the moon landings and concentrating on something important: why indeed DO so many white goods keel over just after the warranty expires?