Belkin CushTop Notebook platform (F8N044EAGRY)

Belkin CushTop Notebook platform (F8N044EAGRY)

Review of "Belkin CushTop Notebook platform (F8N044EAGRY)"

published 07/04/2010 | Teteenlair
Member since : 19/10/2009
Pro Stops laptop overheating and stops you losing the feeling in your legs
Cons Bit bulky, particularly for storing
Reliability
Ease of Use

"CushTop: Tip Top for Laptops!"

My boyfriend bought me this rather mysterious looking object for my birthday, knowing how much time I spend cosied up in bed on Facebook and Ciao - he was worried I was going to overheat the laptop and set the bed alight one of these days!

The Belkin CushTop is, according to the packaging, "uniquely designed for comfortable laptop use on the couch, bed or floor". It is a sort of asymmetrical traezium shape made from what feels like that tightly-packed polystyrene stuff that is used as packing for electrical items and the like, slightly padded and covered in a hard-wearing fabric.

It is taller at one end than at the other so that your laptop is slightly angled, enabling you to see what keys you're pressing more easily when it's on your lap (for the non-touch-typers among us!), and one surface is much wider than the other, so it is suitable for both 15" and 17" laptops - just flip it over. Simple but ingenious!

The other simple-but-ingenious idea is the 'hole' - the CushTop is hollow in the middle, thus creating a handy storage area not only for the power lead as the packaging suggests, but also for all sorts of computer paraphenalia - external hard drives, CDs, mouse, camera whilst you download photos, MP3 player, biscuits... the list is endless.

The main purpose of the CushTop is to ensure that both the laptop and user do not overheat and it fulfills this purpose impeccably. I'd been faffing about on the internet for an hour or two before I started this review, and altthough my legs are pretty warm, if I hadn't had the CushTop I would have had to take the laptop off my lap by now. Lifting the laptop up, the CushTop feels warm, but again, nothing like it would have been had it been sitting directly on my legs. The other advantage I find with this product is that the fabric covering provides a non-slip element, meaning that I can move about (reach for things, etc) and my laptop stays put on the CushTop, when otherwise it might slide off my lap.

The only bad point I can see with this prodct is that it is rather large and cumbersome, and does not break down to a smaller size for storage, but this is a minor niggle. Overall this product is a brilliant idea which has been innovatively designed.

The Belkin CushTop comes in four different colour combinations and retails from under £10 on the internet.

www.belkin.com/uk/

• jesi published 27/10/2010
    I would have thought that putting toomuch within the 'pocket' would risk them overheating as well, as I would have thought part of its purpose is to assist airflow . . . ♥ jesi ♥
  • MEL0611 published 07/04/2010
    Well reviewed x

Product Information : Belkin CushTop Notebook platform (F8N044EAGRY)

Belkin Components is the preeminent technology leader in connectivity solutions for the computer and consumer electronics user. Always ahead of the rest, Belkin Components continues to deliver niche products that make your life easier and maximize your computer or consumer electronic investment. PRODUCT FEATURES; Protects your lap from a hot laptop; Uniquely designed for comfortable laptop use on the couch, bed, or floor; Features high-quality, furniture-like upholstery; Provides convenient storage pocket for your power supply and mouse.

Product Description: Belkin CushTop notebook platform

Product Type: Notebook platform

Colour: Burnt orange, steel

Manufacturer Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty

Localisation: Europe

General

MPN: F8N044EAGRY, F8N044EAKHK, F8N044EAORG, F8N044EASLV, F8N044EAGRN, F8N044EABRN

Product Type: Notebook platform