mumsymary 3

mumsymary

Member since:23.09.2002

Video reviews:1

You can cook in this baby .

30.06.2007

Advantages:
ok for small dinners

Disadvantages:
no hobb , a bit small

69 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. MALDIVEDIVER
  2. silverfox357
  3. Julieshobs
  1. Sgathach
  2. ilusvm
  3. chattell

I noticed that this baby belling cooker has no reviews written on it and to be honest I was looking for a paid category to write in. This is the baby belling I have cooked on many times in the past. Often when we have rented an apartment on holiday we have found a baby belling as the cooking facility. I know for sure it was the option to cook our meals in the apartment in Crete a few years ago.

The company Belling was originally founded by Charles A. Belling; in Enfield. In 1912. This edition of the baby belling cooker is no longer made but you may find it in your rented holiday apartment. There is other more recent baby belling models for sale they cost about £150- £200. The baby belling model in 1957 cost £8pounds .10 shillings /£8.50

This baby is small it is powered by electricity. There is a cable from the oven with a plug on it this you just plug into a basic socket and switch on . It is possible to move this oven by carrying it two people will manage it easily .
It is basically a small oven. No other colour option than white. . This oven has a smooth top no cooking rings. All the outer walls are this smooth white.
The door of the oven is the whole of the front of the machine there is an black pull handle on the door. At the top of the front there is a black section with all the controls.
I think this baby belling measures about 38cm wide and 41 cm high depth about 48cm.

This little baby has one shelf inside it for putting your small dinner on to cook. Yes inside is tiny. This oven has/had a grill so that was good we could have toast. There were 2 positions for the oven tray one was for the grill.
The oven was big enough for one casserole dish, or a baking tray. So cooking is limited.
The snag was there was no hotplates on this oven so it was a bit limiting what could be cooked using this oven. I know I struggled to find complete mealsI could cook in this oven.

I think the newer models have cooking rings so they are more versatile. Personally I would prefer to have just cooking rings than just an oven. Since we were on holiday I think a microwave would have been useful instead. The grill was useful.
Yes this oven was easy to use I heated ready pies in it baked potatoes. I could have used it to bake a cake but we were on holiday and we mostly ate out just cooking in to save money a couple of times.

I think an oven like this is fine for holidays or for a single person who does not entertain. But ones with a hobb are better .

jacksback40 03.07.2007 10:00

Great review mary...type of thing you find in spanish apartments!!!Mick

inbetweendaysx 03.07.2007 09:48

a good review. more info wouldn't hurt. I must say this oven is great for someone in a studio flat, but I must admit I like space as I'm a right cooker! haha =] x

darren1987 03.07.2007 02:58

I wasn't aware of these but thanks for the very helpful review!!