Ben & Jerry's Caramel Chew Chew

Ben & Jerry's Caramel Chew Chew

Swirls of caramel and chocolate-covered caramel chunks swimming in a sea of caramel ice cream.

Review of "Ben & Jerry's Caramel Chew Chew"

published 15/12/2009 | Sexy-Jams
Member since : 15/12/2009
Pro Indulgent, Creamy, Premium, Delicious, Loads of Chunks, Packed
Cons High Calorie/Sugar/Fat, Moreish, Addictive
Taste
Smell
Product Quality
Packaging

"Chewy Chewy Do Do Do Do Do Dooo"

Last night after an incredibly early dinner I could suppress the hunger no longer and went raiding through the kitchen to see what I could possibly eat. Whilst scouring the freezer for food I came across an unopened tub of Ben & Jerry’s Cheesecake Brownie Cream; there was no hesitation I grabbed the tub and a spoon and off I went.

On opening the tub I was treated to a lovely cheesecake aroma; if only subtle it was delightful. Aesthetically I thought the packaging was enticing and playful. Inside it got serious. It is clear when opening a tub of Ben & Jerry’s they don’t mess around with their chunks. There was an abundance of delicious looking cheesecake brownie pieces and I couldn’t wait to get stuck in.

Personally I have never sampled ‘Cheesecake Brownies’ before and the concept was totally new to me. This should never be the case for anyone; having my 2 favourite desserts combined delivered an experience I would all too soon like to retry. The brownies were soft but the texture was definitely prominent against the smooth soft ice cream. If you have ever tried Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream before, these chunks were a creamier version filled with a delicious cheesecake centre.

The ice cream was a cheesecake flavoured ice cream and really delivered. It was smooth and as all great ice creams should be; absolutely moreish. I could really taste the lovely creaminess of the milk and the slight tinges of the lovely cheese flavours. The ice cream was thick enough to clump together when delving in to the pot but smooth enough to melt delightfully in the mouth.

The 2 combined made for a seriously moreish, luxurious ice cream with my only negative comment being about the messiness of the brownie chunks. Due to delicateness of the chunks they were easily broken apart. However this did not ruin the amazing experience of the ice cream.

I ended up devouring the whole tub; but guilt did not follow as I would happily do it again, I can’t recommend this highly enough.

• SweetTooth93 published 15/12/2009
    Definitely one of the best versions xx
  • lds1985 published 15/12/2009
    Yummy! I love the cookie dough one... to say you go to the gym a lot you certainly do a lot of reviews about "bad" food hehe!
  • flyingllamas published 15/12/2009

Sexy-Jams

Member since:15.12.2009

Chewy Chewy Do Do Do Do Do Dooo

15.12.2009

Advantages:
Indulgent, Creamy, Premium, Delicious, Loads of Chunks, Packed

Disadvantages:
High Calorie/Sugar/Fat, Moreish, Addictive

Product Quality

2. KateHurst
  3. sewbizzie
  1. SweetTooth93
  2. flyingllamas

Last night after an incredibly early dinner I could suppress the hunger no longer and went raiding through the kitchen to see what I could possibly eat. Whilst scouring the freezer for food I came across an unopened tub of Ben & Jerrys Cheesecake Brownie Cream; there was no hesitation I grabbed the tub and a spoon and off I went.

On opening the tub I was treated to a lovely cheesecake aroma; if only subtle it was delightful. Aesthetically I thought the packaging was enticing and playful. Inside it got serious. It is clear when opening a tub of Ben & Jerrys they dont mess around with their chunks. There was an abundance of delicious looking cheesecake brownie pieces and I couldnt wait to get stuck in.

Personally I have never sampled Cheesecake Brownies before and the concept was totally new to me. This should never be the case for anyone; having my 2 favourite desserts combined delivered an experience I would all too soon like to retry. The brownies were soft but the texture was definitely prominent against the smooth soft ice cream. If you have ever tried Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream before, these chunks were a creamier version filled with a delicious cheesecake centre.

I ended up devouring the whole tub; but guilt did not follow as I would happily do it again, I cant recommend this highly enough.

Write your own review Report a problem with this reviews content

SweetTooth93 15.12.2009 18:21