Ben & Jerry's Dairy Ice Cream, Chocolate Fudge Brownie

Ben & Jerry's Dairy Ice Cream, Chocolate Fudge Brownie

Chocolate ice cream laden with chocolate brownie pieces.

Review of "Ben & Jerry's Dairy Ice Cream, Chocolate Fudge Brownie"

published 08/04/2003 | Ophelia
Member since : 04/03/2002
Pro Delicious, chocolate, brownies
Cons You have to be joking!
Smell
Product Quality

"Constant Cravings"

My name is Emily, I am 28 years old and I am a chocaholic.

My problems started when I was 16 years old. I was in the midst of puberty and hormones were rushing through my system. I was at an all girls’ boarding school and had no outlet for my sexual frustrations. I turned to chocolate.

The chocolate filled me with endorphins and gave me a buzz. Before long I was well and truly addicted.

I left school and went to university. Despite the numerous extra-mural activities available to take my mind off the magic bean I was unable to stop my relationship with cocoa. I would eat chocolate for lunch, washed down by a mug of hot chocolate and yet my cravings were not satisfied. Dinners would be missed and the calories replaced by Cadbury’s Dairy Milk.

I am now 28 and I am still an addict. It is difficult to admit but I can say it now. I am an addict.

My cravings have recently turned to Ben and Jerry’s chocolate fudge brownie ice cream. I can, obviously never resist anything containing chocolate and this product looked as though it might contain enough to keep the cravings at bay for at least a 24 hour period.

THE PRODUCT

Chocolate ice cream containing lumps of chocolate fudge brownie. Mmmmm.

The ice cream is not too dark as to be sickly and yet is rich enough to satisfy the most chocolate acclimatised palate.

The fudge brownie pieces are divine. Imagine that you had recently baked your own fudge brownies and, whilst they were still warm, had chopped them into lumps of about one centimetre square. That is exactly what the chunks are like; soft and moist to the bite and delightfully chocolatey flavoured.

The ice cream and brownie pieces combine to create a delightful taste sensation. The cold creaminess of the ice cream is contrasted by the soft chewy brownie and the two together form Chocolate Heaven.

EATING METHOD

Remove the ice cream tub from the freezer at least 20 minutes prior to eating. This will allow the ice cream to soften enough so that when you are ready to indulge yourself your spoon will slip smoothly into the chocolatey depths without excess friction.

Ensure that in each mouthful you have a bit of the brownie, so that you enjoy the complete eating experience as it was intended by the manufacturer.

Continue to eat until you have finished the tub. Make sure that you have purchased a 500 ml size tub, as this will be sufficient to suppress your chocolate cravings.

Do not – repeat - DO NOT share.

STORAGE

Always stock your freezer with at least two tubs of the product. As you must not share the tub (if you do you will be altering your intake and for those truly addicted you may not then be ensuring the correct daily amount of chocolate), you should have a second on stand-by in case a fellow addict is in need of a dose. Always remember to put it on your shopping list, as there is nothing worse than peering into the freezer on a Friday evening in anticipation of a chocolate fest only to realise that you have failed dismally in your shopping duties.

Keep frozen in your freezer at –18 degrees Centigrade (or Celsius, or whatever else the Eurocrats are insisting we call it nowadays). It is best to keep it stored near the front of the compartment in order that the ice cream can be found quickly in a chocolate emergency.

CHOCOLATE ROOMIJS MET STUKJES CHOCOLADECAKE

This ice cream is delicious and once you have tried it you will be tempted to move on to other Ben and Jerry’s products. While this will lead to more taste extravaganzas I should warn that it will also lead to serious expenditure on desserts.

Go on, give in to the addiction.

• Kezza88 published 11/10/2003
    Mmm, my mouth is watering. I feel bad giving you a helpful, but if you tell me how much it costs, and where I can buy it, I will definitely RR. (I guess you have to assume I'm thick, but I am a foreigner, and when I first arrived here, if I had have read this I wouldn't have known which supermarket to get it from, and the cost etc). This is a great review anyway, Kez x
  • MadeinScotland published 20/06/2003
    mmmm, i adore chocolate icecream if it is rich! Have you tried Green and Black's icecream? i am yet to but i really fancy it! k
  • weemam published 18/06/2003
    my mouth is wattering just with the thought of it LOL ..margaretxx