Review of "BeneFit Benetint"

published 01/03/2011 | daniella2010
Member since : 03/07/2010
Back to reviewing and really enjoying how friendly all old and new faces are!
Pro Gorgeous flushed cheeks in an instance and tinted lips that lasts through eating and drinking
Cons A rather high price tag of £24.50
Length of Coverage
Ease of Removal
Visibility

"Get Flushed Cheeks Without Any Exercise"

BeneFit Benetint

BeneFit Benetint

WHAT IS BENETINT?

Benetint is a fantastic lip and cheek stain. I use very few Benefit products but this is one that I buy from Benefit time and time again. I either use it instead of blusher or as well as blusher if it is for a night out. I also use it on my lips so as I have colour on my lips without the feel of having anything on them. Benetint is a red/rose colour and despite it looking quite dark in the bottle it can be made to look very natural. However, for those who think the Benetint looks quite scary to use there is a lighter pink version which almost looks highlighter/fluorescent pink but again it looks very natural when on. This version is called Posie Tint.

THE PACKAGING

Benetint almost looks as though it is a nail varnish and it comes with a small brush inside like a nail varnish would have. The bottle is see through which is great for knowing how much of it you have left. When it is first bought it comes in a red box with three large pink polka dots on. The box is slightly misleading because the product inside is rather a lot smaller than the size of the box so definitely look at the product out of the box if you are looking at buying it.
HOW I USE IT AS A BLUSHER/CHEEK TINT

I remove the brush and do about three strokes of it on my cheek on the cheekbone. I then have to rub it in extremely quickly to make it look as natural as possible. It almost gives the illusion of flushed cheeks which I think can look quite attractive as opposed to blusher all over the cheek area. The darker you want the tint the more you apply. But for me being quite pale just three strokes of the brush is definitely enough. If I am going out in the evening I also brush across my cheeks a very natural blusher just to enhance the look to make me look extremely healthy.

The tint on the cheeks lasts the entire day, even after applying it at 8am I could still see it at 10pm when I was about to remove my make-up. Normal blusher has never lasted that long on me whatever the brand and colour.
HOW I USE IT AS A LIP TINT

Simply brush it over the lip area (which can tickle just to warn you). If you want it to be extremely natural rub your lips together as you would with lipstick. However, if you want a darker look make sure you have brushed it completely over the lips and do not rub them together so as the colour can sink in at a deeper rose colour.

Benetint as a lip tint really is very impressive. It lasts approximately four hours on me even through eating and drinking, which a lipstick can never do! Plus you do not have that feel of lipstick on the lips and it is non-drying. My lips actually feel quite moisturised with it on.
RETAIL VALUE

It retails at £24.50 which I have to admit is quite a lot of money. But this gives you 12.5ml which does seem to last a lifetime. But it is the sort of product that I do not think is for everybody. If you are somebody that finds putting make-up on a bit of a task and sees it as a chore then this product is more faffing about so would not be for you. However, if you are a bit of a mad make-up fanatic like me then I am sure you will love it. It is certainly a unique product. The only other tint I know like this is from The Body Shop but theirs comes in packaging that looks like a lipgloss. Personally I prefer the Benefit version after trying both of them.

Although I think it is a product for all ages I think it would attract a lot of younger customers. If you have a teenage girl you have to buy presents for every now and then, then this would be a great present for her. There are also two other products in this range, the first is called Benetint Lip Balm with SPF15 whichi s £14.00 (which is better if you want the feel of a balm on the lips) and there is Pocket Pal which is £15.50. This looks like a double ended lipgloss, it consists of Benetint at one end and a clear lipgloss at the other end. Occasionally online at benefitcosmetics.co.uk you can buy a gift set which has the Benetint and the Pocket Pal together. This means the Pocket Pal is great to pop in your handbag to travel with to top up the Benetint with.

Get sexy flushed cheeks and permanently pink luscious lips with this fantastic product from Benefit!

• Coloneljohn published 17/03/2011
    Well reviewed. It's an eye opener to a man what you have to go through. John
  • Jake_Speed published 17/03/2011