Review of "BeneFit Benetint"

published 18/07/2011 | ms19
Member since : 02/03/2002
Rate me and il try to rate you back :-) x
Pro nice results
Cons price
Length of Coverage
Ease of Removal
Visibility

"Rose Tinted Lips"

I love Benefit products and one of the more recent ones I've purchased is Benetint. I got the sample with Glamour magazine that I'm sure everyone got but I used it up very quickly and decided I liked it that much that I was going to pay full price for it. Benetint is a lip and cheek stain and is meant to enhance and add a rose coloured tint to these areas. It isn't the cheapest product but Benefit products do last a good while as it comes in a 12.5ml jar.

PACKAGING

The packaging of this is a small glass jar and it is clear glass with the Benefit logo on the front and the Benetint logo which has a pink circle and bold type. It has a white lid and this has a brush attached to it for ease of application. It is small and can easily fit into a handbag if you want to take it out or you can have it sat on your dressing table as it does look pretty and is very compact which is what is nice. The box that it comes in is also a deep red colour and pretty simple but sophisticated looking and has instructions inside.
BENETINT

With Benetint, it aims to give cheeks a bit of a flush and to make lips look bold and rich red. The product is easy enough to use, when you open the lid what you do is you brush strokes onto the cheeks a couple will do and it should add a bit of colour. Now, I do find that on cheeks I really don't like this product as much as I don't feel red is the right colour for it, also it just doesn't seem to look natural and looks too much. I am not a fan of using this on cheeks personally and I just don't think it blends in that well.

However, the main use I had heard of for this before buying it was to use on lips as this is what magazines rave most about. You just apply this to your lips before a night out and blend it in. It is very runny like water and it is like ink you just drop it onto lips and I just rubbed it in and my lips went instantly a darker red shade but not as dark as if when lipstick is on but a sort of just been kissed deep red look and it makes lips have a more dramatic look which is probably best for those who don't really like lipstick or lip gloss.

This product does have good results and after wearing it on a night out, I did find that my lips did need to be touched up as drinking when out does take its toll on this. The good thing with this is that it does seem to keep my lips feeling quite soft and it seems to protect them and I have read that this has SPF15. When it comes to removing this lip stain it does come off very easily, I was worried it wouldn't budge but just some makeup remover and wipes and your lips will be back to their original self.

I do recommend this product to those looking for something different as no other brand does a product like this. It does what it says and gives lips a great look, I just didn't like it for cheeks but you can try a number of different looks with a versatile product like Benetint. Its price may put a lot of people off so before splashing out, you should test it out at a Benefit counter and ask the beautician as they will most likely tell you how to wear it best.
COST

This product is available to purchase at all Benefit counters in most department stores. The 12.5ml jar does cost £24.50 which is pricey but it will last you a LONG time. You can try eBay for some cheaper bargains too as it can be easier on the finances.

The official Benefit website for more information and to purchase is http://www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk

• Calla76 published 18/07/2011
    Super review.
  • Elysia2003 published 18/07/2011
    I'm intrigued by this, but I don't wear makeup often enough to warrant an expensive purchase such as this. Great review though, so thanks x
  • kappaslappa published 18/07/2011
    One of my favourite products x