Benefit Roller Lash Mascara

Review of "Benefit Roller Lash Mascara"

published 22/07/2017 | siberian-queen
Member since : 15/04/2011
So sad :( Thank you for all the rates i feel like i am losing some friends, is anyone going anywhere else? :(
Pro curls lashes well
Cons not as long lasting as others
Ease of Application
Waterproof?
Does it irritate your eyes?

"Benefit Roller Lash Mascara"

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara

I have tried a few different mascaras over the years and one of my favourite brands is Benefit, so when I had the chance to try out a different version of their mascaras “roller lash” I eagerly took it.

Benefit is an American company set up by two sisters who originally started out as models and make-up artists. They then decided to start up a make-up company to which we now know as the worldwide company Benefit, which now includes their two daughters also.

*****PICKING A BENEFIT MASCARA*****

Benefit do a few different mascaras and I have tried and loved I have to say the “They’re Real” one.
Depending on what kind of look you are going for will depend on which mascara you try, the website is very good for describing what they do, but even better nip to a Benefit counter and ask for a demo on your own eyes.

The packaging of Benefit products is really good I find; they do a lot of attention to detail. The actually packaging of a lot of their items seems to have a retro feel currently but in time like other companies they tend to have a change around.
My mascara comes in a pink and black box. On the box is a full list of ingredients, little examples of how to use and some percentage rates of what consumer panel surveys have found.
There is a fair bit of detail on the box but when you open up there is a fabulous leaflet inside which gives out information in several different languages.

The mascara itself is like most others a rounded tube in which the brush is incorporated into the screw top lid.
The tube is black and the screw top is pink with little diamond effect indents on it whilst the writing colour on the tube matches in pink writing. Very nice quite feminine in nature.
Mine being a sample version has a shiny pink top as seen in the photo.

The brush is slightly curved and has little pink bristles all over, some larger and some smaller. Sorry this is not easily seen from the photo. Should also be noted that mine is the black version and if you purchase the brown one the mascara box and tube will be brown instead of black.

The little bristles are designed so that they can pick up and separate individual lashes so that your eyelashes become more defined and curled.

I like the design it is very user friendly and simple to handle. Manipulating the brush around my lashes is good, even on the smaller under eye ones.

*****BENEFIT…..WHATS THE BENEFIT?*****

As I have said I do like the design and the functionality of the package it comes in is really good.

But does it work?

The mascara is designed to curl your lashes. Well yes it does I was a little taken back when I first used it I have to say at how well curled my lashes were. I can certainly notice when I have not used it and this is not something I do if at all possible!!

The black is a deep and rich colour and covers my little brown lashes easily with a couple of swoops I find. In application I tend to zig zag my brush from the base to the top of my lashes and find this gives the best way of separating the lashes so they don’t get clogged. I have to say I have not really had a problem with clumping or spider leg looking lashes.

Once applied it does take a few seconds to dry, I have occasionally forgot this and pulled a top off and managed to splash my mascara across my eyelid. Once dry however it is on and is water resistant. I am not sure if this is slightly different to waterproof but I guess so. Walking my dogs in some rain is fine but in down pours it will start to leak off I find.

The company says it last for 12 hours. I don’t think it lasts that long on my eyes perhaps 10 hours at the most. If I do a 14-hour shift my lashes are looking tired, much like me by the end. It feels like its all gone and perhaps some of it has drifted to under my eyes where there is a grey line. I do find if at home I will redo my make up for an afternoon or evening out anyway.

Taking the mascara off is not to bad it comes off fairly easily with a few wipes of a good make-up remover.

******INGREDIANTS*****

Ingredients list taken from the box

Aqua, Paraffin, Beeswax, Polybutene, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Carnauba Wax, Candelilla Wax, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Algin, Serine, BHT. [+/-: CI 19140 (Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

*****OVERALL*****

I do like this and especially the curl it gives. However I personally prefer the they’re real version as it seems to last longer for me. If you apply make-up through out your day if would be a good buy I think.

*****PRICE AND AVALABILITY*****

Price wise it is £20.50 for an 8.5 gram tube. Its not the cheapest but it does do a very good job and if you can get a free sample or a deal its worth a go.

Use within 12 months.

If buying from the website www.benefit.co.uk they often will have this as a sample option if you purchase so much.

Also available is stores with Benefit counters and their respective websites such as Debenhams, House of Fraser, Boots etc.

Review maybe posted on other review sites under the same user name Siberian-queen©

• BLTN1986 published 07/08/2017
    vh
  • CoffeeQueen68 published 04/08/2017
    Well reviewed. =)
  • MrYorkiesWorld published 30/07/2017
    Out of Es I'm afraid but a fantastic review!

offers "Benefit Roller Lash Mascara"