Benefit Roller Lash Mascara

Review of "Benefit Roller Lash Mascara"

published 12/09/2017 | justarube
Member since : 09/04/2014
Thank you everyone for all your reads and rates over the years and thanks Ciao for letting me be part of the community. Hope to see some of you on other sites, perhaps. xx
Pro Great brush and tube design; lovely smooth formula.
Cons None.
Ease of Application
Waterproof?
Does it irritate your eyes?

"A Huge Benefit For Your Lashes!"

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara

Mascara is the item in my make-up that I renew most often. I feel it's a matter of hygiene to buy a new mascara every few months. I also like to buy new products as I feel they are at their best when fresh and new and that they tend to go a bit stale and dry after a little while. It's fun to be able to buy lots of different mascaras and I tend to buy a different product each time I shop. On my latest shopping trip I opted to buy this Benefit Roller Lash Mascara. I have used a few products from Benefit in the past. I am often drawn to their displays in department stores as they look so enticing and interesting! My experience with the brand has been good so I trusted that I'd be buying a good quality product when I made my purchase.

About The Brand

The brand was founded by two American sisters called Jean and Jane Ford. They began to forge a cosmetics company together in 1976 but it wasn't until 1990 that the official House of Benefit was created. The brand came to the UK in 1997 and has been a huge success in the country ever since that time. Benefit products are now sold in many department stores including Debenhams as well as at Boots and Sephora.
About The Roller Lash Mascara

There are so many different mascaras to choose from nowadays that you really have to read the packaging to know exactly what you are getting. This particular mascara is designed to lift and curl lashes whilst also extending the length.

Packaging

The mascara comes in a little cardboard packet which has a delightful design. All of the Benefit range looks so cute and feminine and there is a strong sense that this has been designed by women who understand why other women enjoy using make-up.

The outer packet is printed with plenty of information including the fact that 97% of women in a test conducted by the brand said the mascara "visibly lifts lashes" and that 87% said that it "gives long-lasting curl". The brand have stamped a picture of some lash curlers on their packet with a joke note beside this saying "Bye Bye! Adieu!".

The tube is 8.5g in weight and it has a very unique design. The lid has a pink rubber covering which is indented to make holding it easier. It feels lovely to hold and it makes applying very simple as I can get a good soft grip on the lid. The only problem with the pink rubber top is that it tends to get a bit grubby when it is mixed with my other make-up items. It is washable though and I use a wet-wipe to clean it up now and then.

The tube has a wider section at the neck which means when I am holding it I know it won't slip through my fingertips. The brush exits the tube so smoothly it is quite exhilarating! No pumping or swiping at the sides of the tube is necessary with this mascara.

The wand is a good length and I feel like I have total control when I'm combing my lashes with the brush. The brush is also a perfect length and shape. The shape is a slight curve which mimics the shape of the eyeball and lash line exactly. The bristles on the brush are a soft plastic material and they look like small tentacles on a sea-creature. The bristles are different lengths on the brush so the underside and edges have shorter bristles where your lashes are naturally shorter and more delicate. It's a very clever and complex brush design, perhaps the best I've seen in any mascara I have used before.
Ingredients

Aqua (Water), Paraffin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Polybutene, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Algin, Serine, BHT. [+/-: CI 19140 (Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)]

Using The Mascara

This mascara is super smooth and it has a deep oily consistency which I love. It clings to the brush very well but the brush is never overloaded so I never have to worry about applying too much. The mascara is available in both black and brown and I have the black shade. It's a deep, inky black which is quite dramatic on the lashes but which doesn't look fake or over the top. My lashes look glossy and sleek.

The mascara goes onto the lashes so easily and without clumping or snagging at all. It gives an ultra smooth line from root to tip on each individual lash. The mascara does indeed give length and this is most noticeable. The volume can be improved upon with a second application but I prefer to use just one application as I like the way my lashes look and feel after just one sweep. The mascara feels light and non sticky. I can blink well and I can also use the mascara on both upper and lower lashes.

The mascara definitely seems to open up the eyes and to sweep out the lashes so that they appear to have been curled using a curling device. It's a lovely effect and one which makes my eyes look bigger and more attractive.

The mascara does not irritate my eyes at all and I am a contact lens wearer. The formula is designed to last for 12 hours and I have worn it for that long and even longer with no issues whatsoever. The mascara does not flake or smudge in my experience. The mascara is water resistant so it withstands rain showers although I haven't worn it whilst swimming.

At the end of the day the mascara can be removed fairly easily although an oil based cleanser designed specifically for the eye area is the best product to use here. I find that the mascara melts off when a saturated cotton pad is applied to the eye area for a few seconds.

My lashes look and feel great between uses of this product. The formula actually contains provitamin B5 and serin which are included to help condition and care for the lashes.

Overall Thoughts

I'm very impressed with this mascara. It has a brilliant packaging and an effective brush design which I feel is one that has been conjured up from years of experience. I love the soft and smooth formula which makes my lashes look longer and sleeker. I also like that my lashes look so healthy and natural when I use this mascara. It's not too much but it still looks like I'm taking care of my lashes and making an effort to look good.

I will definitely be recommending this to my friends and family and it has made me love and respect the Benefit brand so much more than I already did! I will more than likely buy this again in the future and will consider other products in the range.

Price and Availability

The mascara is £20.50 which is quite pricey but I feel it is worth the extra money. It really does feel a lot different to high street brand mascaras and the satisfaction this brings is definitely worth it!

You can find this mascara at various department stores. There are usually small booths within the department stores where you can buy Benefit items. They are also available at Boots.

If you are unable to find Benefit locally you can always purchase from the website at:

www.benefitcosmetics.com/uk

• torr published 19/09/2017
    Quality review.
  • jo-1976 published 16/09/2017
    Great
  • euphie published 14/09/2017
    e :o)

offers "Benefit Roller Lash Mascara"