Benefit That Gal Primer

Benefit That Gal Primer

Go from dull to darling with that gal." It's a silky pink primer that makes skin appear smoother &amp

Review of "Benefit That Gal Primer"

published 16/02/2011 | Frannybooboo
Member since : 07/09/2010
Been a busy bee for a while now.... will be back when I can :)
Satisfactory
Pro Smell, Packaging
Cons What a waste of money
Length of Coverage
Ease of Removal
Visibility

""That Gal".....just completely wasted her pennies!!"

Benefit That Gal

Benefit That Gal

That Gal

I have been "Umming and Ahhing" about this product now ever since I purchased it around two weeks ago and I think I have finally come to my conclusion.

The product I am reviewing today is a primer, if you have not had much to do with primers before then their main job is to brighten your complexion and hopefully make your make up stay on for longer. I haven’t really bothered with them too much in the past.

Is it really worth it?

In my eyes…no! I bet you didn’t see that one coming. All I ever do is rave on about how amazing Benefits make up is etc. but this product has not won me over. I normally have to really justify a purchase and the high price tag on this baby would not normally get past me, however, after having a pretty rubbish time recently I decided it was time to make myself feel better and headed over to our local Benefit counter, I had this product sampled on me a while back when one of the counter girls trialed some make up on me and have always remembered the funky fresh feeling it gave me…this was the product I was to buy!

This product alone set me back £20.94 (but gained me 80 points on my trusty boots advantage card)

The next day I was rather eager to try my new purchase, and was left very disappointed, firstly it must have taken me about 5 minutes of twisting what I can only describe as a glue stick container for the pink liquid to appear. I was actually about to package it back up and take it back or browse reviews to see if there was any strange nack I didn’t know about! The first thing that hit me was the smell…MMMM MMMM MMM – beautiful! It contains soothing raspberry & chamomile, combined with sweet almond & algae extracts which are said to help skin retain natural moisture, for a soft & silky finish. It also contains light-reflecting pigments which are said to brighten the complexion.

Dull to darling?

I followed the instructions, I applied it direct onto my face with clean fingertips and blended in an even upward motion…Hmmmmmm…

It says on the bottle you can either use it alone or underneath foundation but to be honest I think it made my face look a little red? I have quite a normal complexion, it doesn’t get oily, greasy and it doesn’t get patchy… so what were these red blotches!? After putting my foundation on the patches were gone but had it really made any difference? Not that I could see! I don’t think my make up lasted any longer either!

So did I go from dull to darling? No! That is the short answer. To be honest I don’t think anything happened! I did get told I had a certain glow a week or so back but I think that was more to do with the fact I had just been in the gym!! Besides the smell I think the only other thing that would attract me to this product is the packaging, It is very pretty, but it is not worth it to hide in your make up bag!!

I have written many Benefit reviews already and on every single one I have written about the company itself so I will not bore you on this review however if you would like to read about it then please see my earlier reviews :-) If you completely disagree or want to test this product yourself then you can visit any Benefit counter worldwide and I am sure they will stock it, Benefit counters are found in department stores such as Debenhams, Fenwick’s etc. or my favorite place…BOOTS!

Thanks for reading, any queries are welcome as always!

• LiveMusicLoverLyn published 21/11/2017
    Fair review
  • MrBrightside1987 published 14/03/2011
    Nicely written :) x
  • mag3kids published 03/03/2011
    That's a shame. Well reviewed.