Bepanthen Nappy Care Ointment

Bepanthen Nappy Care Ointment

Review of "Bepanthen Nappy Care Ointment"

published 28/05/2009 | sweetdaisy
Member since : 25/09/2006
Thanks for all the reads, rates and comments. Trying to get over 100 rates per review xx
Pro heals skin quickly, doesn't irritate, long lasting
Cons is more expensive than other nappy rash creams
Does the product work?

"Peachy Bums"

When my Son was a few weeks old I started using Sudocrem as a barrier cream to prevent him from getting nappy rash, but it irritated his skin so I've not used it since. My Health Visitor recommended using Bepanthen Nappy Rash cream and it's now the only nappy cream that I use.

There aren't many people who can say that their baby has never had nappy rash at some point. Even frequent nappy changes have not stopped my Son from having a sore bum and now that he is teething, he seems to be getting nappy rash more frequently. He also has eczema so I need to use something which is effective but also won't irritate his skin.

Bepanthen is an ointment which is used to help prevent nappy rash. Costing around £6.50 for 100ml it is more expensive than Sudocrem. The ointment is quite thick, so a little goes a long way and is pale yellow in colour. Bepanthen contains Pro Vitamin B5 which seals the skins natural moisture by forming a long lasting layer which allows the skin to heal without drying the skin out. It is the 'water-in-oil' formulation which keeps the skin hydrated so that it heals quickly and doesn't form a scab.

As already mentioned, the cream is think and quite sticky. When applying just dab in onto the skin, there's no need to rub it in. Just leave a thin layer and the Pro Vitamin B5 gets to work by repairing the skin. A layer of cream lasts a few hours so there's no need to worry about it rubbing or chaffing when your baby is bum shuffling across the floor!

Why do I recommend using Bepanthen? My son has eczema and it flares up even if I use a mild body wash/shampoo on his skin. Bepanthen is very gentle on his skin and works quite quickly to heal any soreness. It doesn't contain any preservatives, colours, antiseptics or fragrance. His nappy rash clears in a couple of days after using Bepanthen and although I don't use it daily, as soon as I see any signs of nappy rash I use it straight way to prevent it from getting worse.

I have also used Bepanthen on myself when I burnt my wrist on the oven. I applied the ointment overnight which prevented it from scabbing and my skin healed quickly.

I can't think of any disadvantages other than the price, but as it works the price isn't an issue so I still rate Bepanthen 5 stars. I keep a tube in my house, as well as in my parents' house as it is so effective at treating nappy rash quickly.

Bepanthen is available from pharmacies, Boots and Superdrug, but it's best to buy from the supermarket as it is cheaper.

For more information, please visit: www.bepanthen.co.uk

Thanks for reading xx