Berocca 30 Effervescent Tablets

Berocca 30 Effervescent Tablets

Review of "Berocca 30 Effervescent Tablets"

published 10/02/2013 | lynnmc1
Member since : 11/09/2012
New to Ciao + Dooyoo, username lynnmc on dooyoo is me too!
Pro Full of vitamins
Cons Fluorescence
Effectiveness
Price level
Duration of treatment

"Effervescent and Fluorescent"

What is Berocca?......Berocca effervescent tablets are tablets to dissolve which contain numerous vitamins. They are available in a couple of flavours including orange and mixed berries. There are a few varieties designed for different things such as boost and stay sharp. Performance in orange is the one I take.

What's in it?..... Berocca contains lots of vitamins and minerals, I won't list them all but they include Vitamin B12, Folic acid, Zinc and calcium. All of which your body needs to stay healthy. One Berocca tablet contains the same amount of Vitamin C as 7 oranges. It is both sugar and caffeine free and there are no nasty sounding ingredients in the tablets so I wasn't worried about what I was putting in my body when I bought these.

How to take it.... It's really quick and simple, just take one of the effervescent tablets and dissolve it in a glass of water. I use a half pint glass. The tablet will dissolve quite quickly and turn the water into something resembling orange juice.

How does it taste?..... It tastes pretty much like a fizzy orange. I have purchased some cheaper brands of effervescent tablets which have a salty taste from them and don't dissolve as well as Berocca and leave an unpleasant residue at the bottom of the glass but the Berocca brand doesn' taste quite as bad.

Fluorescent?......The title of this review describes one of the effects of the Berocca tablet. It can turn your urine fluorescent yellow or orange. I noticed this more when I first started taking these but not so much now. I also noticed I seemed to need to wee more often but this has also improved.

Does it work?.....I wouldn't say that I'm bouncing around, bursting with energy from taking these but I have noticed an improvement in my immune system. I'm glad I got into the routine of taking them daily before the winter arrived as I normally spend months trying to shake off one cold or another. It's not a miracle tablet, I have still picked up the odd cold but the main improvement I have noticed is in getting rid of the cold. Rather than having the remains of a cold lingering for weeks I have only had the odd head cold for a couple of days and seem to have got rid of it much faster than normal. I'm guessing this is down to the big improvement in my Vitamin C intake since taking these each day. This reason alone makes the tablets worth taking for me. My daughter takes the 'boost' tablet on a morning and says it gives her an energy boost and makes her feel more alert and generally better.

Where can you get these?......If you want to try Berocca for yourself they are available in most chemists and supermarkets. They are available in various pack sizes including 10's, 15's, 20's and more. I usually buy the biggest size available which is normally they best value, unless other tube sizes are on offer.
They are quite pricey compared with other brands and other forms of vitamins but I feel they are worth it, anything that can improve my immune system and make me feel better is worth is. They taste much better than cheaper brands so it's worth paying a little more for, there may be some better tasting copies out there but the one I tried I could hardly drink with the salty taste. They cost around just under £8 for 30, and are often on 3 for 2. So at under £2 a week it isn't bad.

These work for me, try them yourself and see!

• mumsymary published 10/02/2013
    are they better than cheaper vitamin tablets though