The overall rating of a review is different from a simple average of all individual ratings.
Share this review on
Ok, we often wake up the morning after a particularily heavy night of drinking with a thumping headache, feeling sick (if you haven't already parted with the majority of your guts during the night, or heaven forbid, infront of everyone last night!) and promising yourself and everyone around you that it will never happen again.
Well, rest assured, of course you will do it again. Maybe not for a couple of days, or maybe even a week, but YOU WILL go out on a bender again.
But have no fear, if you follow these simple rules, then you'll be springing out of bed full of life the next day, or certainly by lunch time if someone is prepared to look after you for a few hours!!
1) Never go out on an empty stomach thinking that you'll get something to eat whilst you're out. Chances are that you won't eat anything, will drink even more cos you're hungry, and of course you'll end up getting drunk in about 10 seconds and will inevitably throw up before the end of the night!!
2) Ok, so you're rather merry and waiting for a taxi outside your favourite club. Go and get some chips - this will soak up most of your alcohol and will stop the world spinning.
3) Having not found anywhere to eat, you get home and need something to eat. If you are in any reasonable state, then I suggest making eggy bread - it works everytime (I've knicked this from my best mate!!). You need a frying pan with a little oil. Whilst that is heating up break an egg (or a couple if you have guests) into a bowl etc and beat gently. Get a few slices of bread and rip them into smaller bits (4 peices per slice of bread) dip in the beaten egg and fry on both sides. Have this with a cup of tea and a ready supply of cold water next to your bed and you'll be feeling on top of the world.
4) If you're really in too much of a state to even break some eggs and are likely to cause a fire by leaving the hob burning all night, then the next best thing is a couple of slices of toast and a cup of tea followed by as much water as you can stomach.
5) Ok, so you've stumbled home and couldn't even get to the kitchen for throwing up in the bathroom all night, the best thing you can have is some flat lemonade and a McDonalds if anyone is nice enough to venture out for one.
Wow, I've got to 5 already - I've got loads more cures that always seem to work for me. Infact I have a bit of an obsession with helping people avoid hangovers - I'm always forcing food and water down people's throats after a night on the tiles.
Some good tips. Having overdosed on wine lately I found it best just to sleep. Oh, and I'm laying off booze for a while I hope.
Tadders 23.08.2005 14:44
Made me giggle. Totally agree with the whole not eating thing because you get drunk and can't be bothered. Would make eggy bread but it involves hot oil and flames and if drunk, I'd probably kill myself. Nearly set the house on fire cooking sausages and falling asleep once!
Nicelissa 12.08.2005 16:17
Great stuff!! Will be trying these this weekend! x