Best of LeAnn Rimes [Curb/London] - LeAnn Rimes

Best of LeAnn Rimes [Curb/London] - LeAnn Rimes

1 CD(s) - Contemporary Country - Label: Curb/London - Distributor: Arvato Services, Cinram Logistics - Released: 02/02/2004 - 5050467148123

Review of "Best of LeAnn Rimes [Curb/London] - LeAnn Rimes"

published 30/03/2004 | Groovygal
Member since : 26/04/2003
Pro Great songs
Cons The remixes
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics
How does it compare to the artist's other releases

"She doesn't just do ballads!"

I like all sorts of music, and I take pride in the fact that my music collection is very diverse, so when I saw Leann Rimes The Best of in Asda the other day for £9.77, I thought I’d buy it. Although I liked Leann's songs before, I'd never really bought one of her albums, I don’t know why really, but this was a really worthwhile purchase, and a great impulse buy.

It is unusual for anyone to have a greatest hits album out at the age of 21, but Leann Rimes has been recording songs since she was 13, so she has a few songs in her collection.

This album is definitely one of the best this year. Some people think that Leann Rimes only sings ballads, but on this album there is a wide range of musical styles from ballads, to up-tempo, to country, which is what she originally recorded before she started writing and recording more pop sounding songs.

The first song on the album "Can't Fight The Moonlight" is a fantastic pop song, people who have seen the film "Coyote Ugly" will know that this song is featured in the film soundtrack, and Leann Rimes actually appears in the film at the end singing it on the bar. This song was a UK number one, and it has a great sound, you immediately know what the song is from the first few bars, it also has some brilliant vocals.

The album continues with its up beat tempo with “Life Goes On”, this is a nice song, and is about all the things you come across in life should make you a stronger person, and life goes on.

There are a number of other songs which she sings that are featured on the Coyote Ugly soundtrack, "The Right Kind of Wrong" and "But I Do Love You" which you will love, they are both mid-tempo songs, and you can hear a lot of synthesised keyboard in them, Leann Rimes sings them brilliantly.

The amazing ballad "How Do I Live" was her biggest selling single ever and the best selling country single of all time, it sold 750 000 in the UK alone and reached number 7, the song is breathtaking and the vocals are just fantastic. It is probably her most well-known song, it is unbelievable that she recorded this song when she was only 15.

Her new single "This Love" is wonderful and shows that LeAnn Rimes is still one of the most talented vocalists even today. She stated that she wrote this song for her husband, aahh!

There are two duets on this album, “Last thing on my mind” with Ronan Keating, it‘s a good song, but I don‘t think Ronan‘s voice compliments Leann‘s voice on this song, and I feel he spoils the song.
Elton John duets on "Written in The Stars" which I love as it is a wonderful ballad and both artists put in strong vocal effort, it reminds me of the songs Elton John sings on the Lion King soundtrack.

The theme song to "Legally Blonde 2", "We Can" is fantastic, the song is up-tempo and incredibly catchy, I find myself singing it all day long, which can be a bit annoying for my family because I haven’t got a voice like Leann Rimes, although in my head I do! It's a strong competitor with "Can't Fight The Moonlight", two very brilliant songs.

LeAnn also does a cover of the Patsy Cline classic "Crazy" the vocals of LeAnn Rimes are much stronger than those of Patsy Cline and make the song much better, I love the song and think it is one of LeAnn Rime's best recordings.

Another song which is really catchy, is a country song “One way ticket(Because I Can), it is so infectious, it will make you want to put on your cowboy boots and your Stetson, and line dance all around your living room floor (Maybe that’s just me!).

There are a few songs on the album which I tend to skip through when I am listening as I don't think they are anything special, "Commitment",
"Please remember", and "You light up my life", they don't really light up my life!

The two remixes of "How Do I Live" and "Can't fight the Moonlight" let the album down as well. I often can't be bothered with remixes so I usually don't listen to them, and with these two I wish I hadn’t.

There are 20 songs on the album altogether:
14. Crazy
15. Blue
16. Looking through your eyes
17. You light up my life
18. One way ticket (Because I Can)
19. How do I live (Remix)
20. Can't fight the moonlight (Remix)

This is a really enjoyable album, buy it and see, you won’t regret it.

• pmaven published 09/03/2007
    I recently bought this album and I totally agree what a good album it is phil
  • s_jones_2003 published 08/05/2004
    I love her voice! Sarah x
  • schrodingerspussy published 21/04/2004
    I have ltis living in my car now- glad you love it too!

offers "Best of LeAnn Rimes [Curb/London] - LeAnn Rimes"