Bestpricedbrands.co.uk

Computers & Electronics

Review of "Bestpricedbrands.co.uk"

published 10/11/2007 | ImpalingVlad
Member since : 10/11/2007
Good
Pro Good Prices & fast delivery once they've dispatched youe item
Cons NOT a UK company, no gaurantee, NO comunication.

"Be Careful with BestPricedBrands"

Here is my experience with BestPricedBrands.

Ordered a Nokia N800 from them on Sunday 4th November late evening. Item stated 24-48 hour dispatch.

As item not dispatched by Wednesday Evening, I thought I would phone them and see if everything was OK. No contact phone number on the BestPricedBrands site, also no address. Now I was getting conserned. Did a quick Google search for BestPricedBrands, and Google lit up like a Christmas tree with a huge number of complaints and cries of SCAM.

Now I was getting very worried, and I e-mailed BestPricedBrands to cancel my order. I immediately received an e-mail saying my order had been passed to the warehouse, followed by an automated reply to my cancellation e-mail. 2 hours later (early hours of Thursday morning 8th Nov) I received an e-mail from UPS with a tracking number.

By midday Friday I had my N800 in my hot sticky little hands.

There are good points and bad point to this company:

First the good: The price for the N800 was the best I could find on the net. Once dispatched, the delivery was fast and the tracking was excellent.

Now the bad: BestPricedBrands leads you to believe they are a UK based company with a UK site and all prices are in pounds sterling (£). In fact they are in Pasadena CA, and an American company. This has implications on your rights regarding the "Distance Selling Laws" and your guarantee. In the UK you have 7 working days in which to decide of you want to keep anything bought over the Internet, and you can return it, if is not as described or does not carry out the function it was designed to do and you would be entitle to a full refund.

The N800 I received only carried a US & Canadian guarantee. It was a US specification N800, with a US power supply - BestPricedBrands did however supply a USA-UK adapter. So I am buggered if anything goes wrong with my new toy.

One other thing to consider, is the fact that you could be liable to import duties and VAT. BestPricedBrands declared my £194 N800 as a £25 game on the customs declaration. Which is fine until some jobs worth customs office opens your box.

I have NEVER received a reply to my e-mail, even though they state they will reply within 1 working day.

If this company were honest and upfront about themselves, we the buying public could make an informed decision as to whether we want to take the risk of buying from BestPricedBrands.

They have good prices and fast delivery, but there are a number of issues that need to be considered.

This is only my experience with BestPricedBrands and I know many other have not been so lucky. If thing go wrong there is virtually nobody to turn to. You could do what this unlucky customer did

Good luck, you'll probably need it.

Vlad

• anonymili published 14/01/2008
    So glad I checked your review, I was just about to buy a camera from their site! Lucky escape! x
  • Bens__mummy published 11/11/2007
    Great review. One to avoid then. x
  • lesa60 published 10/11/2007
    Thanks for this - definitely one to avoid. :)