Bestway-fast set Pool

Bestway-fast set Pool

Review of "Bestway-fast set Pool"

published 21/08/2009 | ClareJ89
Member since : 19/08/2009
Pro Easy to set up, provides hours of fun throught the summer
Cons All the extra bits and pieces you will need to keep your pool up and running over the summer
Quality of product

"Hours of family fun."

I purchased an 8 foot easy set pool in June. My pool holds roughly 2500 litres of water.

The pool must be positioned on totally flat ground to ensure the weight of the water is distributed evenly and prevent the walls of the pool giving way. This was a slight problem for me as practically my entire garden is on a slight slope.

After finding what seemed to be the flattest part of my garden I began setting the pool up. It was very simple to set up, just simply inflate the top ring and fill with water. It took around 3 hours to fill using a standard garden hose (2 hoses would have come in very useful!)

The pool is great fun to use, for both kids and adults! The 8 foot version can comfortably fit 5 or more adults, and even more kids. The depth of my pool is 60cm fully filled - so just over half a metre. Younger children may find this pool a little deep but under supervision it would be great for learning to swim.

It is a nice size pool, its big enough, but not so big that it takes over your entire garden.

This pool will provide hours of fun on those hot summer days.

There are some downsides to it though...

When I bought this pool I assumed it was just a case of filling it with water and leaving it out for the summer. A pool of this size is too large to keep emptying and refilling every week. So if you plan to leave this pool up for the duration of the summer you will need to invest in some water treatment. I learnt this the hard way after having the pool out for a week and the water turning green!
I then had to empty the pool totally and scrub all the algae off before I could refill it and add some treatment. I purchased the chlorine free treatment called 'Aquablanc Plus' from tesco for around £25 which has been working well for 1 month now.

I experienced problems with mosquito larvae as I didn't have a pool cover. When I purchase the pool I bought it on its own. Many packages were available which came with covers, ladders, filters etc. I had great difficulty finding a pool cover separately and I eventually found one from tesco direct for £3.97. Since I have been using the cover and the water treatment I haven't had any trouble with mosquitoes.

My final complaint is the temperature of the pool water, even on sunny days the water is very cold and sometimes unbearable but maybe I'm just a wimp! Heaters are available for this type of pool for around £60 but to use the heater you need the filter which again is more expense.

Overall these pools are great fun but you should consider all the extras you will need, I'd say buy a set with most of the extras like a cover and filter because in the long run it will save you money.

This review was read 2026 times and was rated at

• LiveMusicLoverLyn published 18/07/2016
    Sweet
  • coco_pixie published 21/08/2009
    sounds very costly, welcome to ciao =]
  • sunmeilan published 21/08/2009
    An idea of price would be useful. Wish I had a garden big enough for something like this!