Ulysses 3

Ulysses

Member since:15.08.2001

Betterware Elsewhere

31.08.2001

Advantages:
Unique products, face to face contact wih rep .

Disadvantages:
Long delivery times, Poor customer service

Recommendable No:

Wide range/choice of products?

Helpfulness of Staff

16 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. vinni
  2. JADELOUISESILVA
  3. purebitch

I’m always sceptical when these catalogues come flying through the post-box. I always have a look through and consider ordering something but normally forget or the idea passes. But, about six months ago I decided I really wanted some items from the Betterware catalogue. I also noticed that I could use their website to place an order, which I found useful because I was never in when the Betterware agent came by.

I chose three items from the catalogue, which where:
Stainless Steal Hob Covers - £9.99
Freezer Defroster Aid - £3.00
Clothes Depillar - £3.50

I was pleasantly surprised to find that delivery is free because agents personally deliver the items. Also, you have a choice to pay an extra £2.95 if you need the item within 3 working days (free if you spend over £100.00).

Their refund and guarantee policy is pretty straightforward. Items can be refunded for their full value up to 30 days. Products are giving a one-year guarantee, if they don’t perform satisfactorily they can be refunded or exchanged.

~~Internet Order:

As with any other online shop you browse through the shop to find what you’re looking for and put it in the shopping basket. Because I already knew what I wanted from the paper catalogue I used the product search facility to find the items.

~~Payment:

Betterware are quite good on giving you choices. For instance if you are weary of giving out your credit card details you can pay on delivery, which is the normal way of paying if you order direct from a Betterware agent in person. However I chose to pay online to save any hassles latter.

Betterware also gives you a choice of a separate delivery address from the correspondence address. I chose to get it delivered to a friend’s address because I was going to be in the middle of moving house.

Everything was processed and I quickly received an email confirming my order with details of what I ordered, the cost and a confirmation number for any queries.

~~Complications:

After about a week I noticed that the amount had been debited from my card, but I had yet to receive anything. So the saga begins:

>> I rang up the helpline (local call rate) and was told the items had been dispatched and should be with me shortly.

>> After another couple days, still no items. I rang up again and they said they would look into the problem and ring me back.

>> I was not rung back. So the next day I rung up again, but got another person. I had to explain the problem again. She said she would ring back.

>> Finally, she did. She said the goods would be re-ordered and sent out again.

>> Another week and I finally received them – well not really! The items where sent to the correspondence address instead of the delivery address. Only the hob covers where there, the bag was opened and items missing. I had already moved out by then, so I was annoyed I had to make a special trip just to pick it up.

>>I chose to email a complaint this time asking for a cancellation and a full refund.

>>This time they where more helpful and refunded the missing items and still went ahead and gave them to me for free.

~~Verdict:

Despite the refund I don’t feel confident shopping with Betterware online (www.betterware.co.uk) or offline via the catalogue.

However, their products are of pretty good quality so don’t let that stop you from ordering from them if you know you will be in to accept the items. I like the idea of no delivery charge, which reduces the overall cost.

purebitch 25.01.2002 16:20

I use to be an agent. sorry to hear you had trouble. A well written op.

BabyGirl 18.09.2001 21:14

gREAT op, my parents love the betterware catalogue! LOL! I only ever bought a ring remover! sad! :) ~*BabyGirl*~

MichelleScott 06.09.2001 22:00

Well-written and interesting op. I ordered online from them once and it never arrived. I never thought to check if they took the money out of my account - I will do now though!