xbrightx 2

xbrightx

About me: Heating sorted - at a cost!

Member since:01.06.2012

Not the best Funnel in the World

12.06.2012

Advantages:
It came very cheap

Disadvantages:
It was far too basic

Recommendable No:

28 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. AnneLorraine1
  2. trayrope
  3. cath_del
  1. hanmillie

I once had a Betterware Square Oil Funnel. This was bought directly from the manufactures and I paid a small amount of money for it, certainly less that £1.50 at the time. I am unsure if Betterware still produce these though I no longer have mine and I have gone back to my favourite supplier Ė Drapers, who I definitely feel excel in this field. To me the Betterware square funnel was just a cheap reproduction of Draperís design and was not as durable or as good a model.

I bought a square funnel as I needed something to specifically hold a rectangular or a square bottle, the existing rounded one I had was just no good to me at the time. These funnels were sold loose, and individually, and a few of them I had been looking at were sold in sets of four or more Ė I only needed the one so I opted for the Betterware model.

This funnel was pale blue in colour, came wrapped in its own plastic cover and looked the ideal size at 10.5cm x 10.5xm x 8cm. It was described as being able to fit Ďmost carsí and it was simple and easy to use. All I had to do was lock the funnel onto the oil hole in my car and fill with oil Ė the hoper was a good size and it assisted me in being able to top up the oil in the car without it spilling over onto the exhaust manifold. This is essential, if you donít want your car smelling of burning oil.

It seemed initially to be made of rigid solid plastic but this seemed to break quickly and the plastic was so hard it actually split soon after purchase. It was a very basic funnel and I prefer the Draper model I had which was supplied complete with an oil / water separation filter Ė this one didnít have such a thing. I also used this to fill the oil washer reservoir.

Itís cheap, itís basic and I donít think Iíd buy it again and I would tend to opt for the more Ďup marketí model from Draperís. Not really recommended unless you are looking for something very bog standard thatís got a very limited life span.

Write your own review Write a review and you will earn 1p per rating if other members rate your review at least helpful. Write a review and you will earn 1p per rating if other members rate your review at least helpful.   Report a problem with this reviewís content

Add the first comment!

Product Information Ľ

Prevent costly and messy spillages when filling your car with oil. Simply lock the funnel into your oil hole and fi...

Manufacturer Betterware

3. cath_del

1. hanmillie

Betterware Frostshield

Betterware Frostshield

(+) Easy to use, effective.
(-) A little on the pricey side.

Betterware Car Ice Scraper

Betterware Car Ice Scraper

(+) Strong, easy to use, keeps your hand warm, scrape away large areas at once and a great price
(-) Can only be bought from Betterware

Betterware Interior Wipes

Betterware Interior Wipes

(+) Strong, good quality, no smears
(-) None