Betterware Square Oil Funnel

Betterware Square Oil Funnel

Review of "Betterware Square Oil Funnel"

published 12/06/2012 | xbrightx
Member since : 01/06/2012
Heating sorted - at a cost!
Satisfactory
Pro It came very cheap
Cons It was far too basic
Performance
Ease of Use

"Not the best Funnel in the World"

I once had a Betterware Square Oil Funnel. This was bought directly from the manufactures and I paid a small amount of money for it, certainly less that £1.50 at the time. I am unsure if Betterware still produce these though I no longer have mine and I have gone back to my favourite supplier – Drapers, who I definitely feel excel in this field. To me the Betterware square funnel was just a cheap reproduction of Draper’s design and was not as durable or as good a model.

I bought a square funnel as I needed something to specifically hold a rectangular or a square bottle, the existing rounded one I had was just no good to me at the time. These funnels were sold loose, and individually, and a few of them I had been looking at were sold in sets of four or more – I only needed the one so I opted for the Betterware model.

This funnel was pale blue in colour, came wrapped in its own plastic cover and looked the ideal size at 10.5cm x 10.5xm x 8cm. It was described as being able to fit ‘most cars’ and it was simple and easy to use. All I had to do was lock the funnel onto the oil hole in my car and fill with oil – the hoper was a good size and it assisted me in being able to top up the oil in the car without it spilling over onto the exhaust manifold. This is essential, if you don’t want your car smelling of burning oil.

It seemed initially to be made of rigid solid plastic but this seemed to break quickly and the plastic was so hard it actually split soon after purchase. It was a very basic funnel and I prefer the Draper model I had which was supplied complete with an oil / water separation filter – this one didn’t have such a thing. I also used this to fill the oil washer reservoir.

It’s cheap, it’s basic and I don’t think I’d buy it again and I would tend to opt for the more ‘up market’ model from Draper’s. Not really recommended unless you are looking for something very bog standard that’s got a very limited life span.