Bialetti Moka Limited Edition

Bialetti Moka Limited Edition

Review of "Bialetti Moka Limited Edition"

published 08/03/2012 | dobbysmum
Member since : 22/09/2011
Please do not thank me personally for the Es; if I have given you an E then I have most certainly enjoyed your review x
Pro good coffee
Cons cleaning is a pain
Performance
User's Manual

"How do you like your coffee in the morning?"

My husband and I both love our coffees and have tried quite a few of the coffee makers around and have yet found one that we would spend our money on. The Bialetti coffee maker makes delicious espresso coffee with ease and there is no need to waste money on one of those sci-fi looking machines that people rave about.

==COST==

The Bialetti coffee maker is available in a variety of sizes:

1 cup, 3 cup, 6 cup and 9 cup.

The 3 cup maker is perfect for my husband and I as it will make two largish cups. I paid around £13.99 for it some time ago.

==WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE?==

The coffee maker is made from cast aluminium with a black plastic handle. The pot is designed to stand on your hob to heat up. It is quite heavy and sturdy. I love the design of the Bialetti coffee maker as it looks cute and well made. It is far more visually appealing than the ugly plastic machines. The machine has two main parts of it, a base for the water and coffee and then the main body that collects the hot steaming coffee that is ready to drink.

==HOW DOES IT WORK?==

Without boring you with the science I shall explain briefly how the machine works. The pot comes in two parts, the base and the main body. The base needs to be filled with water and inside here is a container to place the coffee. You can buy special roast coffee from most supermarkets and there are plenty of brands and blends to choose from. Once the coffee is in the base, the top part needs to be screwed on and then you can turn on the heat. As the water boils, the coffee is forced into the top part of the coffee maker and after a few minutes you will hear a louder boiling noise that signals that the coffee is ready. When this is done you need to turn off the heat and let the coffee stop boiling so that when you pour it, it does not spurt out.

==SO HOW DOES IT TASTE?==

The coffee maker makes really good strong coffee that tastes fresh and hot. There is never much residue left in my cup afterwards which is a sign of a badly made cup of coffee. The coffee maker is so easy to get your head around and it fills the kitchen with a lovely fresh coffee smell when you boil it and pour it. My husband loves it when we use the coffee maker. We tend to only use it on a weekend as it does take a little bit longer to stew and make on a morning and I just do not always have time.

Afterwards the coffee maker is a bit of a pain to clean, you need to pour the old coffee out and then take the pot to parts and wash it. I tend to wash it by hand and would probably not put it in the dishwasher. Do not let you put this off the coffee maker though as the little extra cleaning is well worth the delicious coffee that it produces.

When you imagine how much you could possibly spend on a coffee machine these days, some are over 100 pounds, this is a relative bargain. It will last much longer too.

• Nar2 published 09/03/2012
    I like these traditional pots. Good review!
  • mozzie76 published 08/03/2012
    Good review

offers "Bialetti Moka Limited Edition"