cooldude2... 5

cooldude28

Member since:25.03.2007

OUTSTANDING!! PURE GENIUS!!

19.04.2007

Advantages:
Loadspeaker  -  small  -  sleek  -  good battery

Disadvantages:
Non rechargable  -  mains only

Reception & Clarity of speech

Range of features

Reliability

Range of receptionExcellent

What is the durability of this product?Excellent

18 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. bedoubear67
  2. ilusvm
  3. maisiemouse123

Intro: One of the household cordless phones from the future. Thin in size, still with great sound reception. This phone has been a pleasure to own, with no problems at all. Continue to read below my experience of using these phones.

I had heard good things about these cordless phones, and they looked pretty trendy too.I decided that I would buy some on my next trip to Tesco. I saw that they were on special offer, which was a bonus, and asked a member of staff how I could purchase these, as there was only a fake display phone of this model. The phones were easy to buy, I took a box to one of the tills which meant I wanted the pictured item on the box. The barcode was scanned, and I had to take my recipt and box to the customer service desk. The good thing about buying electrical goods in Tesco, is that I did not have to pre-order before going to collect. The staff were very friendly, and were happy to help me purchase the item. Some electrical goods are not as simple as using straight away, but this product was abe to be taken straight home, ready to be set up and used.

The box was very small. Inside were the handsets, the docking stations for the handsets, for when they are not in use, the cables the instruction manuals, and the warrenty for one year too. I did not expect the box to be as small as it was. I know mobile phone boxes are getting smaller and smaller, but I did not know home phones were too.

The phone was easy to set up. I did not have to phone up phone companys to tell them about my handset, nor did I have to wait to use. I could get started straight away. The starting of the product was simple. All I had to do was plug in the docking stations, place the phones in the docking stations for a few minutes while the power was on, and I was ready to go, starting to use my up to date kit. You do not have to be on a certain network to use, but they work for the UK, but I found that being on ntl: / now Virgin Media would not be able to let me use the feature "Caller Display" because of the area I am in. I live in Kent, and normally quite good for being able to get signal, and pick up the best broadband.

The phone needs to be charged. It is not good owning a cordless phone, and being cut off in a call because you have not charged it. One of the downfalls of the phone is that it does not run on batteries. I would have thought that this would make a great addition to the phone, if you prefer to use replaceable batteries instead of charging by the power supply. On the main screen of the phone is a battery meter in the top right hand corner. This is easy to understand, the less bars you have on the battery display, the less time you will have to make calls. The battery does last quite a long time though, so do not worry about making a call with one or two bars remaining.

The size of the screen is around an inch. I heard that the screen was one inch and thought the phone was going to be useless to use, but the screen is so easy to understand and read. The font is a good font, which many people find easy to understand and read. The font is not too techno, or complicated which is normally a downfall on many phones today. The font on the phone is yellow, and the screen foreground is purple. It does not look horrible, it does look quite nice and looks colourfull. It is not over the top either. On the home screen when not in use is the current time and date, including the phone name that you wish to call it. On the phones we have, we named one "Kitchen" and the other "Bedroom". This does look good on the phone and makes a great addition.

The sound on the phone is great. Just like a regular corded phone Where is the speaker? It is easy to hear the voice at the other end, without struggling. There is a volume control, to control the volume of the sound in your ear, if it is too loud, or toquiet. Another good thing about this phone is the loudspeaker. It is a good quality loudspeaker. It is very easy to switch to loudspeaker from normal mode, and from loudspeaker mode to normal mode. The loud speaker's volume can reach very high, without loosing quality. The loudspeaker also has a sound volume.

The size of the phone is very thin, around an inch deep, and 14 cetnimetres long. I thought that the phones would be rediculous to use, and hold but they have been a joy to use and no problems with holding the cordless phone at all. The size of the phone is not too small, and not too big. This phone is the right size for me. I think this is the smallest phone I will ever go for, any smaller and I think I would loose it or find it hard to use the keypad.

There is a settings selection on the phone, and it is very easy to find, and edit. You press the enu button, and by using the directional buttons, you can ifnd the settings option, and change the settings. You can change settings like the phone name, ringtones, if it should be silent, etc. The green answer phone button is used as an OK button.

There are around 5 different sounded ringtones on the phone. They are good tunes, or you can have basic "ring-ring" tones. Your chosen ringtone can be changed at any time, as often as you like by using the settings option on the phone. This is very easy to do, if you are not good at discovering things out without using the manual, the manual will tell you how. Another downfall to the phone is that new additional ringtones cannot be added.

The keypad is attractive. The buttons are seperated, so it is quite easy to type in phone numbers. The size of each number button is around half a centimetres long, and the buttons are rectangular shape. Despite the size of the buttons, the buttons are acturlly quite easy to use. A few mistakes at first but when you get used to the buttons, mistakes will be rare.

The only downfalls on the phone is that there are only 5 ringtones. The ringtones are good, but would be good to upload your own ringtones. Also, I would think that having the choice of using the docking station, or rechargable batteries would be usefull. If I could change anything about the phone it would be these. These are my only doubts.

Overall, I think that the phone is outstanding. I have really enjoyed using these phones. I will continue to use and if any smaller cordless home phones come out I will be amazed.

Thankyou for reading, I hope this has been helpful.

maisiemouse123 25.04.2007 22:51

Looks brilliant - I could do with these lol cos mine are really bad lol -bit like dodgy walkie talkies :) - Karen x

digitalenvironmentalist 21.04.2007 09:38

it is quite interesting to know that cordless phones have different ringtone just like mobiles. rey

abcdefg 20.04.2007 13:28