Bio Activia Yogurt

Bio Activia Yogurt

Probiotic

Review of "Bio Activia Yogurt"

published 18/05/2002 | elspeth334
Member since : 26/07/2000
THANK YOU FOR MY SHINY DIAMOND I WILL TREASURE IT
Pro Contains zero fat
Cons none
Smell
Product Quality

"GREAT TASTING BUGS."

I don’t want you to think I am cheap but special offers definitely attract me. So when I saw Danone Bio Activia Yoghurt on sale at 99 pence for four x125g pots they went straight into the trolley. I choose the strawberry flavour but was temped so I took four peach as well. It is unusual in the fact that four are all the same flavour rather than mixed. I think this is a good idea as with other brands I am always left with the black cherry as it is not my favourite.

This yoghurt claims “a Danone a day is the healthy way “and when you are healthy on the inside it shows on the outside. Bio Yoghurt contains a unique culture, Bifidus ESSENSIS that according to danone will keep your digestive tract healthier by introducing good bacteria into the gut. This will make your digestive tract work more efficiently and therefore helps your body to purify itself from the inside.

Well if I am going to be eating bacteria they better taste good!

Taste Test
¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~
The consistency is surprisingly thick and creamy with a delicious flavour of strawberry. The pieces of strawberry are small no big hard lumps and is mild not acidic. The smell was just like strawberries and was a lovely gentle pink not a lurid brash colour. Yes all in all they are very tasty.

Nutritional Information
Energy 50kcal
Protein 3.8g
Carbohydrate 8.4g
Fat 0g ( yes that right zero so ideal for my blessed gallbladder)
VitaminB12 0.2 (20% of the recommended daily allowance)
Calcium 127mg (17%of daily allowance)

Ingredients
Thickeners
Milk Proteins
Bifidus ESSENSIS cultures
Flavouring and the usual E numbers 1442,1440 and 120

DANONE is easily recognisable by the trademark name contained within a blue rectangle with a white outline and a red underlying stripe. The four pots are contained in a green cardboard sleeve which has the sell by date on one corner and the important fact for me 0% fat in the other.

Overall Opinion
¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤
I was very impressed by this product not only did it taste, smell and look good it was working at keeping you healthier as well, It is definitely the best medicine I have ever tasted.

• gaunts published 01/03/2007
    good review...they advertise this all over the place atm...but i have no problems with my body atm! gaunty
  • tamg published 12/02/2007
    for me danone yogurts are the best
  • Chuchy published 12/11/2006
    I like the strawberry ones and they really help my digestion.