Bio Oil Face Cream

Bio Oil Face Cream

Review of "Bio Oil Face Cream"

published 07/02/2008 | just.bcoz
Member since : 09/07/2007
`º¤ø,(¯º¤øxø¤º´¯),¤º°`
Pro Reduces stretchmarks, uneven skin tone, scars etc
Cons A little bit expensive but worth it
How easily is it absorbed?

"Bio Oil"

I have been using Bio Oil twice a day for the last six months and I am amazed at the results. I had never heard of Bio Oil before until my mum bought me a bottle, she bought me a bottle of it because I was forever complaining about the appearance of the stretch marks I have on my belly and boobs.

My stretch marks started appearing at the age of seventeen when I was pregnant my son and I'm now twenty two. So for the last five years I have been really embarrassed by the look of them because they were bright purple and clearly visible. I was convinced that the stretch marks would always remain the same colour and never fade, I even nicknamed my stretch marked belly, I call it my Freddie Crougar belly.

Bio Oil is an oil based substance which can be used to treat and reduce the appearance of skin problems such as scars stretch marks and blemishes. Bio Oil is oil based and has a gorgeous scent which is quite light and calming. The Bio Oil is quite runny and is fairly similar to baby oil; it is absorbed into your skin very quickly and doesn't leave it feeling greasy or sticky.

Bio Oil contains natural ingredients and is preservative free, so it is a safe product for people with skin allergies to use. There are seven main ingredients in Bio Oil which help to treat skin blemishes and scar tissue and these are:

* Vitamin A helps to improve the elasticity of the skin giving it a more even texture and tone.

* Vitamin E helps to make your skin feel softer, smoother and supple. The Vitamin E also helps to keep your skin looking very healthy.

* I have never heard of Calendula oil before but that is because it is most commonly referred to as Marigold. Calendula Oil or Marigold is a natural Antioxidant which soothes and calms sensitive or inflamed skin. It is also known to clarify and condition your skin leaving it softer and smoother.

* Lavender Oil is used to calm, soothe and condition your skin.

* Rosemary Oil is known to calm and soothe your skin and is also helps to keep skin conditioned and soft.

* Chamomile Oil is a great soothing agent for sensitive or irritated skin; it also helps to keep skin in good condition by conditioning and clarifying it.

* PurCelin Oil is made in laboratories; it makes the Bio Oil easier to apply and absorb into your skin.

As soon as I have applied the Bio Oil my skin has a lovely smooth, dry and moisturised feeling. The Bio Oil also leaves my skin feeling refreshed and slightly fragranced; it leaves a subtle Lavender and Rosemary scent which smells gorgeous.

Bio Oil can be used to help reduce the appearance of~

Scar Tissue~ I used the Bio Oil on a scar on my right arm, I burned my arm on the iron and it resulted in a huge purple line running down my arm. Before I could use the Bio Oil on the scar I had to wait until it was fully healed (i.e. no blister or scab) Once the wound was fully healed I applied the Bio Oil to the scar and surrounding area twice a day in a circular motion so as the oil was evenly distributed on my skin. I applied the Bio Oil once in the morning and once at night and after a month I noticed that the scar wasn't as purple and bright looking. After four months the scar is now a lot smaller than it was and it has changed colour dramatically. The scar is now a very light shade of pink and barely visible on my arm.

Uneven Skin Tone ~ if you have dark patches on your skin particularly on your face which are caused by sun exposure then Bio Oil can also help to reduce the appearance of this. I don't have any blemishes or uneven skin tone so I can't comment on how Bio Oil helps to reduce the appearance of the marks.

Ageing Skin ~ The Bio Oil helps to reduce the appearance of my sagging skin. I know I'm only 22 but I do have a little bit of sagging around my belly which was caused by losing the pregnancy bump. My skin was stretched to the limits and lost all elasticity making me look as if I had 90 year old granny stomach. The Bio Oil has helped to make my skin look less wrinkled and gave it more elasticity. My skin feels a lot smoother, sculptured and moisturised and it looks as if the wrinkles have somehow been ironed out. All of my wrinkles haven't disappeared, I still have a few but they are less noticeable and have reduced by about 80% over a six month period.
You can also use Bio Oil on your face to help reduce the look of wrinkles, frown marks etc

Dehydrated Skin ~ sometimes my skin gets very dry especially around my elbows, so instead of using a moisturiser I use Bio Oil and it moisturises my skin giving it a smooth velvety feeling almost instantly.

Stretch Marks ~ The Freddie Crougar stretch marks have dramatically reduced in size and colour in the past six months. My stretch marks have now faded to a silvery white colour and are barely visible. They changed from purple to a reddish colour in about 6 weeks, Red to pink in 12 weeks and it took about 20 weeks for them to become a silvery white colour.

I am really pleased with the results I have achieved using Bio Oil and even although my stretch marks and wrinkly skin have reduced to almost nothing at all, I still use Bio Oil twice a day. I will keep using it daily because it keeps my skin soft and increases elasticity and appearance.

Bio Oil is safe to use when you are pregnant or breastfeeding because it contains natural ingredients which aren't harmful. If you are using Bio Oil whilst breastfeeding make sure you don't use it on or around the nipple area.

Bio Oil is not the cheapest of products to buy, but paying that little bit extra is really worth it because of the amazing results which are achieved. You won't notice any dramatic change in appearance overnight, it takes about three months in total to notice a difference and you have to remember to use the product twice a day to achieve maximum results.

You can buy Bio Oil from Boots and it costs ~
£8.95 for 60ml
£14.95 for 125ml
£19.99 for 200ml

For more information visit http://www.bio-oil.info/

© just.bcoz
2008

• salem_witch published 26/03/2008
    My sister uses this but I don't think it's worked on her stretch marks. Purhaps she hasn't used it enough!
  • colleen_uk published 12/03/2008
    I was always dubious whether this really works but you seem so positive about it! I think I will give it a go for uneven skin tone. Great review, well done! x
  • tune57 published 29/02/2008
    Saw this advertised on TV the other night, sounds good.