Black & Decker Gl741 Reflex Grass Trimmer

Black & Decker Gl741 Reflex Grass Trimmer

Review of "Black & Decker Gl741 Reflex Grass Trimmer"

published 30/09/2010 | Sunnysmiles
Member since : 22/07/2005
Break time over , back to do some more reviews, I forgot how much I enjoyed it here
Pro leaves a good finish
Cons not to be left out in rain
Performance
User's Manual
Maintenance

"easy to use"

I bought my Black & Decker Reflex Trim n Edge about two years ago and so far it has been a real asset to my gardening tools.
It will cost you anything from £49.00 from a garden store and from opnline at around £39 or less depending on where you buy it from, but buying online may be cheaper but you will have to pay for delivery.

It is a light weight garden tool that can easily be stored in a garden shed, I have mine hanging up in the shed on a hook in the wall where I can put it when I have finished with it, so that it doesn't get left outside.
I have actually left it outside and it rained but the strimmer still worked as well as it did before I left it outside, but I wouldn't recommend this and keep it in my shed.

The handle is easy to grip and the control is attached to the handle you just grab the handle that sticks out for your left hand and grip the handle with the starter in the other hand, press the leaver there and off you go. You get a good length of wire with it for it to reach down a small garden. As it is an electrical trimmer.
It is a noisy tool so don't expect to be using this early in the morning as the neighbours will complain.
I usually like to strim the garden in the evening when the sun has gone down and the grass is dry.

The wire at the bottom spins round fast to cut the grass and it will cut long grass if you have let it grow to much without mowing.
This is great for getting right up to the edges and borders of the garden beds and end of the lawns as it will get into the places where the grass stops and the garden beds begin, giving you a lovely finish to a mowed lawn, as you can go round the edges and strim and trim to get it looking good.

You can buy the plastic wire that goes round the bottom of the trimmer in most gardening centres, it is easy to replace by screwing the middle of the spinner at the bottom of the trimmer off and wrapping the plastic cutting wire round it, but you have to unplug it before you can replace this or it can be dangerous.

It has a guard at the front of the part that spins to protect you if you hit a stone, or go too near the soil edges with the trimmer.
Do be careful with this as it is not for children's use and must not be left around after use.

If your looking for a good finish to the lawn then this is a good option.

• paulpry118 published 01/10/2010
    I leave the strimming to my Hubby, infact it's the only job he does in the garden, I seem to do every thing else
  • shoppingpenguin published 30/09/2010
    Well written, with enough info for a non DIY enthusiast :)
  • Amy69 published 30/09/2010