Black & Decker PV 1205 B Cyclonic Dustbuster Pivot NOSE

Black & Decker PV 1205 B Cyclonic Dustbuster Pivot NOSE

Handheld Cleaner - Rechargeable Power Supply - 25 Watt - without HEPA Filter

Review of "Black & Decker PV 1205 B Cyclonic Dustbuster Pivot NOSE"

published 19/03/2009 | Mickie26
Member since : 11/01/2003
I have decided to come back and start writing again.
Pro Reliable, Trustworthy and High performance
Cons Doesn't vacum plaster dust well
Performance
Noise
Safety

"Black And Decker PV 1205 Cyclonic Dustbuster Pivot"

I was delighted when my husband bought the Black and Decker PV1205B Dust buster for my birthday. Whilst the price might seem high anything with lower voltage is a waste of time and money. Lower voltage dust busters just don't work you need something with a bit of power, one that performs well and does the job you need it to do. The Black and Decker PV1205B Dust buster is powerful, practical and efficient basically you cannot go far wrong in purchasing this and I would recommend it to anyone. My dust buster has always been reliable and it has never let me down yet. It makes the perfect gift for any occasion and will last for years.
I have a 3 year old child and I cannot tell you enough how helpful this Dust buster has been with my child. You know children, they make a mess don't they? Then you have to clean it up, sometimes it feels like a never ending battle to keep the house clean, but with the Dust buster it helps to make that chore a little easier. It's especially efficient when there is any food on the floor or if you have been doing crafts and it's also very good with things like play doh.

It appeals to those with a more modern taste as it looks neat and stylish, if you can call a Dust buster stylish? The target market for the Black and Decker PV1205B Dust buster is probably those with a family or those with busy lives that need something quick and convenient to tidy up small messes.

If you have a car then the Black & Decker Dust buster V9650 works well at cleaning the crumbs, dirt and other minor mess that often collects in the car. If you want to clean up things like fine powder or brick and plaster dust it is not very effective and you will find that the powder sprays out again. That is a negative point because if you need to do some drilling at home then you'll need to clean it up via your main vacuum cleaner or some other way. You can expect to pay around £59.77, that's the current price from Argos. As for other retailers, I am not sure.

It lives inside its charger/base that can be conveniently screwed to the wall. This is excellent because it takes up hardly any space and looks very neat and tidy. It can also sit on the worktop (Different to other cordless vacs on the market, it stands on its end, taking up hardly any space) The manufacturers have seriously considered and built this for the neatness and compactness that it proudly owns.
The base needs to be close to a 13A socket, but it doesn't need to be plugged in all the time which is great. I like the way a full charge lasts quite a long time although I couldn't say how much because I haven't counted it.

I hate it when you purchase a new appliance receive it and when you open it you find that the instructions confuse you. Sometimes I've been there for well over an hour trying to figure out how to work an appliance, even with the so called instructions. However, it's good news on this one because Black and Decker actually know how to write instructions that don't have you sitting there an hour later trying to work out what goes where. Like when I got a flat pack table from Ikea one time and I was still there well over an hour trying to figure out just what I had exactly bought. I wondered if it was supposed to be a piece of modern art. That's what I like about the instructions of Black & Decker they are detailed, easy to understand, and helpful.

Although the rotating nozzle may seem like a gimmick, I must admit I had my own doubts about why a rotating nozzle was needed. I have now found out why it is so good. It makes the machine highly efficient at vacuuming high surfaces (e.g. book cases, cupboard tops, ceilings) and low hard to reach places. There are two speeds, but I have found the lower one quite sufficient. The spout is telescopic, and there is a small brush that can be easily clipped to the end for getting rid of debris; this lives underneath the machine, so it doesn't get lost.

The dirt container couldn't be easier to open and empty, and the filters are also simple to remove and clean. The filters work far better than on the other B&D models - the cyclone effect stops the machine clogging up so quickly, and there is no burst of dust from the exhaust when you switch it on.
The filters are washable, but there has been no need for me to wash them yet. After a few a months usage the only think I have had to do is tap the dust out of them.
This is a fantastic machine that is excellent value for money.

Now for a little fun I will make some points about why the Black & Decker Dust buster V9650 is my new best friend.
I can put it away neatly after I have finished with it. Wouldn't it be good to do that with a best friend?

The other thing that is very valuable about the Dust buster similar to a best friend is that I can completely rely on it and it has never let me down yet.
It accepts you for who you are and never judges you even if your house is in a mess it will help you to clean it.
It helps you through problems and helps you see clearly once the mess is cleared.
It never let's problems get in the way and works right through them.
It is a little fighter and is very strong.
It stands by the side of you when the mess gets too much.
Although it is only little it is a determined little friend.
It is trustworthy and has never let me down.
It is there whenever you need it.
It makes you smile when you are down.
It picks up the pieces quietly and lovingly.

Black & Decker PV1205B 12V Pivot Nose Dustbuster.
12V power for maximum cleaning performance and efficiency - ideal for the more demanding clean-up tasks.
Pivoting nose enables easy cleaning of areas difficult to reach with conventional Dustbusters.
The pivoting nose has 10 settings for maximum flexibility to clean in hard to reach areas such as underneath cupboards, or on shelves overhead.
Cyclonic action spins dirt away from the filter maintaining optimum suction power.
Double action filtration means product performs better and lasts longer.
Filter cleaning wheel for easy and hands free cleaning of the filter.
The side empty door is an easy to empty system which means all the dirt goes straight in the bin - hands don't touch the dirt!.
Built-in extendable crevice tool enables deep cleaning of confined spaces/small areas.
Innovative design is unique and stylish.
2-speed switch for increased power control.
Tools stored on board.
Accessories are stored on board, always at hand for your cleaning jobs.
Ergonomic design for comfortable use.
Underneath exhaust filter to keep air cleaner.
Power (Air Watts) 25 W.
Suction power 500 mm/water.
Airflow 1100 l/min.
Dust bowl capacity 350 ml.
First time charge 16 hours.
Runtime 10 mins.

Well reviewed! : )
  • arnoldhenryrufus published 23/03/2009
    sound useful - lyn x
  • suehome published 23/03/2009
    Nicely written, I love the idea of a non-judgemental servant.........Sue