I travel a lot around the UK so it is imperative I keep my licence to keep my job!!! This is a fabulous and perfectly legal GPS driving tool! You also notice the number of other drivers who use it too! Recommended by vehicle manufacturers e.g. VW were selling off the old model and the new ones (cheaper to buy on-line or from Halfords). It doesn't stop you getting speeding tickets/points if you don't stick to the limits or drive according to the conditions/traffic etc. but it helps to remind you that the speed traps/hazard areas are there so you can be extra vigilant
- When I bought it 15 months ago, you had a 6 months
free subscription for downloading/uploading information...not sure if the offer(s) is on now
- Easy to use
- Mounts easily on the bottom of the front window
- Excellent website - online ordering of accessories
- Back up support/help line
- Coming down in price (I paid £390 - now can be found at £229)
- Audio warning warns you of Fixed Safety Speed Cameras, Temporary Speed Cameras, Average Speed Monitoring and Laser. (Not had the pleasure of being alerted by the laser). It then proceeds to bip at you (which you can alter the settings to the frequency and when they start)
- Comes with the mount, accessories and chargers (choice of two chargers - curly short stretching thingy! and a longer wire) both plug into your cigarette lighter
- Easy to download/upload via USB cable
- You can set a speed alert which beeps and flashes if you go over a certain speed - excellent for motorway driving - best to set it for this use as if you set it for 30mph speed limits it will constantly beep!
- Screen is permanetly lit (blue) - good for evening use
- Lots of other features (time, compass, indicator to the "danger zone", you can program new locations, delete locations
I only use the camera alert not the other features of blackspots/schools - if I did it would continually beep!!!
You need to register your product (very simple) before you can accept downloads - very easy to do.
If you travel a lot you should download/upload at least once every week
Excellent if you do not know an area - so you get advance warnings that there are speed cameras
/hazards - particularly good if there is one situated just round a bend or behind a sign!!!!
- Approx. 70% accurate - this is due to mobile
that do not aim their beam in the area where Road Angel
tracks it from e.g. they could aim at your number plate
or tyre. A booklet provided with the set covers this in great detail
- Beeping noise can be frustrating - I've turned it on to notify by beeping once (intermittently) upto 1000m away - You can set this to 3 settings
- The audio is not very very loud - if you have your radio on/cd
loud you can miss it, but you do see the flashing red screen and can identify the audio alert the more it goes off.
- Loads of other models now/with extra features, making it more difficult to choose - but this is a great one to start with which won't break the bank!
OVERALL - FABULOUS - ESSENTIAL FOR HIGH MILEAGE DRIVERS!!