Blistex Healing Relief cream

Blistex Healing Relief cream

Medicated relief for occasional cold sores, cracked, chapped and sore lips.

Review of "Blistex Healing Relief cream"

published 22/04/2010 | supersonic75
Member since : 03/01/2009
Rates not sticking Grr…!!
Pro Does what it says it will
Cons None
Absorbency
Gloss?
Frequency of Reapplication

"What a Relief!"

With the extremely cold winter we have just had and then the sudden burst of sunshine that has appeared my poor lips are not in the best condition at the moment.

As I have always used Blistex products in the past, I decided to look at something more intensive in their range as the 'Lip Drench' that I was currently using by them just wasn't working as effectively as I needed.

On perusing the range in my local Superdrug store I spotted this one - Blistex Relief Cream which had the word 'Healing' emblazoned across the front of the packaging. Just what I was looking for (or so I hoped).

Price and packaging~

The cream comes in a small, squeezable 5g tube with a red screw on lid. This is packaged in a small cardboard box which is attached to a larger piece of card, presumably to make it stand out more on the shelves.

The price was £1.89 at Superdrug which I have seen it retail at similar prices in other shops.

About the cream~

According to the blurb it is a 'penetrating and soothing remedy to relieve & treat occasional cold sores and cracked and chapped lips'.
As I don't suffer from cold sores I just read the usage directions for dry and cracked lips which it just states to use frequently.

My experience of using this~

Once home from the shops I removed the tube from the packaging and unscrewed the lid. The tiniest of squeezes is all that's needed as the cream comes speeding out like a bullet (well okay slight exaggeration..but you get the picture) and with the tube being only 5g I didn't want to waste too much!

I applied the cream to the tip of my finger before rubbing into my lips. A small tiny blob will suffice as not a lot of this is needed for it to start working. The cream is surprising thick in consistency and is quite greasy so takes a while to fully rub into the lip area. As the colour is white, it's advisable to rub it in fully otherwise you will look like you are wearing some kind of space age white lipstick.

I wouldn't say it had any particular scent but if I had to liken it to anything I would say it has a slight minty aroma to it.

On contact with my lips, the cream made them feel incredibly cold and tingle straight away which I took to being a good sign as I presumed it was getting to work on soothing and healing as promised.

So does it work?~

I applied this approximately 3 to 4 times a day for just two days and after each application I could tell they were feeling softer and less sore than a few hours previously.

After two days they were back to their normal self again..Result!

The good thing as well is the tube looks like it's been barely touched, so even though at nearly £2 for a teeny weeny 5g tube, it does look like it's worth the money as it will last quite a while at this rate.

Highly recommended!

• cornishchic published 10/12/2014
    vh x
  • paulpry118 published 27/04/2010
    This seems to make my coldsores worse
  • clocktower published 27/04/2010
    Just what I need! Thanks.