Bloom Gin

Pro The perfect Gin
Cons None
Packaging Design
Taste / Flavour

"BLOOM Gin. One taste and I was hooked!"

I am not, generally speaking, a lover of Gin. My first taste of gin put me in mind of aftershave. Down the years, however, I have tried Gins that I have, although not actually enjoyed, thought were OK.

However! All bets are now off! I have found a Gin that I absolutely adore! BLOOM Gin by G and J Greenhall is a floral Gin. On the label it is described as: Premium London Dry Gin, a delightful floral Gin inspired by the true beauty of nature.”

If you'll excuse the next truly dreadful pun, that's rather flowery language, but does it stand up? Yes! Yes it certainly does!

It's a gorgeously clear gin and when you remove the cork (yes, it has a real cork top!) the smell is not one of alcohol, rather it is a delicate and delicious floral scent that wafts from the contents.

It contains honeysuckle, pomelo and chamomile. Rather than an alcoholic drink, it sounds a little bit like a flower remedy! But wasn't Gin originally devised as a medicine? I cannot vouch for any medical properties that BLOOM Gin has, but it certainly is a delicious, warming drink with a vibrant feel good factor.

And, apparently, it makes some absolutely delicious Christmas Cocktails, too!

BLOOM London Dry Gin is made by the World’s only known female Master Distiller, Joanne Moore and it features the natural botanicals of Chamomile, Pomelo and Honeysuckle, this beautiful clearm sweet tasting spirit is the perfect drink if you want something a bit more than some gins that can be a little harsh.

Web: www.bloomgin.com

Price, varies, can be up to £30, but discounts can be found.

A different version of this review was written by me at www.thatschristmas.co.uk.

• Sparklez32 published 08/03/2011
    I'm not sure that there is a gin out there that I would like but good review!
  • klakierekb published 31/12/2010
    I'm not a gin lover either, but I may give this one a go at some point! :)
  • kevin121 published 08/12/2010
    I don't like gin, or whiskey for that matter. Good review though. Rachael.

offers "Bloom Gin"