Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eyeliner Brush

Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eyeliner Brush

Review of "Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eyeliner Brush"

published 06/09/2011 | daisyleex
Member since : 24/05/2011
Pro Good shape, soft hairs, elegant packaging
Cons Price!!

"Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eyeliner Brush"

I bought this brush a while ago at the same time that I first started wearing gel eyeliner. I was reccomended to buy this by a sales representative and although I wasn't really keen on buying it, I did. At first I felt a little like I had been forced into buying it however I really love it so i'm glad I did! I paid around £18 for this brush, which is branded as an ultra fine eyeliner brush. £18 is obviously alot more expensive than most eyeliner brushes, however I do feel like it is worth the price tag. I bought mine from John Lewis and it is available from a variety of other shops both in store and online.

The phyiscal appearence of this brush is quite simple but it is quite elegant, despite the fact that it doesn't look a huge amount different to the other eyeliner brushes around, however it is a creamy ivory colour which is unusual as most eyeliner brushes are black or silver so it is a nice change. The brush is made of a lightweight plastic type material and it has the product name written on the side. There is a black band sort of thing around the nib of the brush which keeps them nice and dense. It is quite a long brush and is thin with a slightly curved middle, making it a very versatile brush and it is easy to grip and glide. The brush comes with a plastic lid which simply pulls off. This ensures that the bristles stay nice and neat.

The brush is extremely dense and it is stiff with no loose hairs/bristles. The bristles are a browny orange colour and are really nice and soft. The brush hairs are finely pointed, so it's a very accurate eyeliner brush. This is extremely easy to use and the pointed tip makes application quick, easy and accurate. It picks up gel eyeliner well and distributes it onto the waterline very neatly and evenly, leaving a professional looking finish. It makes a little eyeliner go a long way which is good as it makes my gel eyeliner last much longer. The brush can also be used with eyeshadow, although I personally find it a little too small for my loose eyeshadows so only use it with my compacted eyeshadows as that way it picks up the colour better and it blends better with smoother, creamier eyeshadows rather than the loose, mineral type eyeshadows.

This brush can be used to create different looks and can achieve a sexy, smoky eye look, or a simple, discreet au naturale look. I would reccomend washing this brush regulary because of how compacted it is and remember to disinfect it for hygiene reasons. I have washed mine countless times and it still looks good as new and no hairs have fallen out and the brush has not lost its shape. It dries well as well and does not hold the smell of disinfectent at all. Overall, this is the most accurate and gentle eyeliner brush that I have come across, it is so precise and gives such a proffesional, versatile look. I am not suprised at all that this brush has won an award and I would definetly reccomend it.

Summary: Not the most affordable product, however it is of good quality.

offers "Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eyeliner Brush"