Body Spa Vibrating Sponge

Body Spa Vibrating Sponge

Review of "Body Spa Vibrating Sponge"

published 14/01/2012 | sorehead
Member since : 30/04/2011
Pro None really, I could do the same with a normal sponge
Cons See above

"Not much in the Way of Vibrations Here"

As anyone knows who has been reading my reviews this year, I am trying to lose weight and get more healthy. For this reason I have been buying Men’s Health magazine. Inside one of them there was an advert for the Body Spa Vibrating Sponge. This was recommended for both men and women and I bought it at Christmas for my wife – not for me – honest. However, we no longer have it as it was a bit of a gimmick and not much good. It sounded a lot better than it actually is.

The natural sponge looked like any other bath or shower sponge and was about 6 inches by 4 inches in size. It was golden in colour and full of lots of little spongy type holes. There was nothing to indicate it was any different. The secret to this sponge was that right in the middle there was discreetly hidden little vibrator which was fully waterproof (as I was worried about electrocution in the shower!) and this vibrator was meant to help massage and stimulate the skin. My other half reassured me that she wouldn’t electrocute herself and she gave it a go. It came with its own batteries already included so there was no need to go our and buy them so she could try it out (3 x LR44).

It was simple to use and had a push button controller. It seemed to be quite quiet when it was switched on. She tried it in the shower and I used it in the bath. I used it in the bath to massage and stimulate my neck and shoulders and torso as this sponge can be used for general massage only and not just as a sex aid / toy. I am sure my other half did not use it on her back and shoulders however, as when she emerged from the shower she told me it was a bit of let down and she was disappointed in its performance.

It lathered like a normal sponge but I was a bit disappointed by the fact that it didn’t have a rope to hang it up in the shower after use.

Overall it was a disappointment and as I’d paid £12 for it I felt ripped off slightly.

Not something I’d personally recommend and neither would my wife.

• Summers_mummy published 15/01/2012
    Sounds overpriced rubbish
  • catsholiday published 14/01/2012
    Sounds a waste of money to me - give yourself a good scrub with the exfoliating cloth!
  • fatman88 published 14/01/2012
    Oh sure, taking a vibrating sponge for a better cleansing experience, of course! The lack of buzz sounds like an epic let down, like setting of a firework and it just farts. What you need mate, is to replace the motor with something more substantial, like the one from a smart phone. Then bask in the pleasurable, exfoliating experience.