littlem91 4

littlem91

About me: I'm Gemma, in Cornwall. I'm only now re-starting after a year gap (August '12) due to stopping suddenly for personal reasons. Will try and rate but I can miss things.

Member since:19.08.2010

Bodyform makes periods easier.

22.08.2010

Advantages:
Comfortable, cheap, absorbant .

Disadvantages:
None

Why did you buy it?Recommendation, Low price

Value for moneyExcellent

6 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. duskmaiden
  1. TheHairyGodmother
  2. robjak
  3. KateHurst

Yes, I'm going to write a review about sanitary pads/towels, whichever you call them!

But after all approximately 50% of the population have, do or will need to use them

The first thing I must say is that ultimately, it seems different people will find different makes comfortable - there's no ways around that, so don't go and stock up on these or any other based on a review - I suggest ordering a couple of samples off websites, many will send them out.

The packaging;
As you can see the packaging is pink for this size, and has the standard info on it - absorbancy and such. I like it as it's a bit girly, and most of the time I feel anything but feminine when dealing with a period!

I first had these suggested to be by a friend who like me had to deal with quite heavy periods - I used to use always but never found they quite did the job well enough, however had no clue where to start on different brands.

The packaging:
They're each wrapped up in their own individual wrappers, these are easy to open but I also use them for disposing of used pads, they have a sticky tab which will stick back down pretty well for this purpose. The wrappers have flowers on and say "SecureFit" on them, writing and flowers in blue. The paper on the wings says "SecureFit" and also have a diagram showing which is the fromt and back.

The pad:
You can get the standard ones with no smell, or deo-fresh which this review is for, which are lightly scented (nobody will smell it from afar but I do like to think something is covering up any yucky smell, which is probably in my imagination anyway.. I digress). The smell is light, pleasant, not overpowering but enough to keep you feeling nice. There's a limited amount I can say, it's a standard type of design, the wings are nothing unusual, it's lovely and soft though.

Absorbancy:
Probably the most important part! A while ago due to health problems my periods had gotten to the point I was wearing an always ultra nighttime one and havign to change it far too often, also having problems with "flooding". However the normal of this range will keep me fresher for longer and seems to absorb much much faster. Of course being smaller with better absorbancy (for me) is a godsend, and you can always go the next size up if needed.

Overall:
As my forword said everyone will have different experiences, but I think these are definitely one to try. I don't find they bunch or anything, and most of the time I completely forget they're there! Which is of course what you want.

Giving 4 stars - the reason for not 5 is while they're better than previous ones I've tried, there is nothing that makes me think "WOW, never trying anything else!" - they're great but there's no wow factor I'd not expect from them. But they do the job, and do it well, so I've not actively looked for anything else.

Oh I forgot to mention; price. They're cheap. £1 a pack.

Note: I can only find securefit ones now anyway but my first few packs didn't state it as far as I remember.

(May be elsewhere under the same name)

robjak 23.08.2010 07:49

Well written and informative review