Boilies

Fishing Bait

Review of "Boilies"

published 04/04/2001 | wENDIEWOO
Member since : 20/10/2000
Pro Gets him out of my feet when he is fishing!!!
Cons THE SMELL, THE SMELL, THE SMELL AND OH YES...THE SMELL.

"They REALLY stink"

Boilies...the word means nothing to most people....unless....you are a fisherman/women are have a partner into fishing. Mainly used by course fishersman for a fish called a CARP. Now these carp have different types but thats a different opinion.

Every April my home becomes attractive to all the cats in the area as in the back garden...(wish I could say due to being banned fromt he house, but its because garden is bigger) there are five grown men, some with familes, all huddled around my old tea urn watching these things cook.

It starts with a delivery of strange packages with strange smells, and the hubby getting home from work shouting "bait's here" and allowing everyone to share in this smell, a fisher person will find it delightful, I HATE IT! and no matter how many times you hold this mixture under my nose saying mmmm plum, yeah?? well no, its horrible.

This is poured into buckets with secret favourings and oils, to disclose would mean I would then have to kill you, then a hundred fresh eggs are mixed in to make a pastry type dough, which is then moulded into a bait machine, a plunger to you and me, and then squeezed onto trays to be rolled into what can only be described as similar to maltesers, but Don't be tempted.

This is then boiled in the tea urn, or a pan in the kitchen..arghhhhhh, and then laid out to dry on cloths, some have bits of polystyrene put in and some are microwaved!!!! It all makes sense to that lot in the garden.

All I know when April hits us the Easter paraders begin coming through my garden and make these revolting smelling things used to catch fish which don't even end up cooked with chips!!!

Footnote: The fish are weighed, treated with Clinque, (fish Ointment) if any sores are apparent, then they are photographed both sides and face on, for recognition, and then placed gently back into the swim!!!!

Noone visits me until the Autumn is approaching, as thats usually when the smell had started to fade to bearable, and the car..well its stinks of fish and whats in my glove box....a bag of boilies air dired!!!!

• danno1986 published 08/08/2004
    Boilies are the Best! But i have to agree, some really stink (Fishmeal - Yuk!) -Dan-
  • wallythomy published 14/05/2003
    My missus agrees. Very similar to my kitchen. Do you ever find moldy bolies under the cooker? We do.lol
  • Klara13 published 10/06/2002
    Oh and magots in the fridge lol, enjoyed your op thank you