Boilies

Fishing Bait

Review of "Boilies"

published 13/03/2008 | reggaefan
Member since : 12/03/2008
Pro Saves you tons of money
Cons Stinks and your wife will nag you
Ease of Use

"Is it worth the effort"

These Are Boilies

These Are Boilies

I have been fishing for over 25 years approx and can say the secret to catching the big fish is how you feed the lake or river before you start on a serious fishing expedition.

It gets pretty expensive buying your Boiles from your local fishing shop and the more you get into fishing the more determined you are to make the perfect boilie yourself.

I did try the pound shop version but can only say I didn't catch one fish all day long so best to avoid the cheapest versions on the market although they are the perfect base to mix your own ingredients to and the cheapest way to do it..

Many of the ingredients are cheaper such as pure fishmeal from your garden centre rather than your local fish tackle shop. Ok they might not like to hear that but as you are giving the fish your food free then the cheapest option is the one we would all use.

Many people will use the powdered colouring again available at you local tackle shop but the cheap food colorants from your local supermarket do just as well and considering how long they are in the water you just need a few minutes to attract the fish rather than hours. I f you don't even get a nibble in the first fifteen minutes then just move your location even if it is by just a few yards.

I always use fresh eggs in my own boiles as I'm sure this is the secret to catching huge carp. If you add too much though it will scare your fish off to some other line and you don't want that at all.

Here is my perfect recipe which I would like you to try and give me feedback on how you got on with it

200g of fishmeal
200g of ground semolina
400g of white breadcrumb
150g of milk powder
50g of robin red
50/50 mix (optional)
Powdered colouring (your choice of colour and amount) I like to use bright yellow or orange baits for high visibility.
Flavouring of your choice (I am currently trialling the Source by Terry Hearn)
6 eggs.
Olive oil

Firstly you need to place all the dry ingredients in a very large bowl

Next whisk your eggs thoroughly with the olive oil.

Roll your mixture and cut into the desired size.

Place small blobs of your broilie mix into the microwave and cook for about five minutes.

If they float in a glass of water they are ready and if they don't float cook for a further minute at a time until they do float

Keep in an airtight container such as the snap and seal range and use ASAP as they soon use their flavour and scent to attract those fish you are yearning to catch.

Cheers