hepialid 4

hepialid

About me: Been working away for quite some time, and now i'm back home, a lot of my time is taken up with my new son. Fatherhood is great and highly recommended under the right circumstances. Hopefully I will get back to into Ciao in the near future.

Member since:11.07.2000

Bolton Institute

24.08.2000

Advantages:
Good close knit community

Disadvantages:
Not as high profile as some would like, still struggling to recieve university status

IT Facilities

1. rsmith
  1. Andy0
  2. bazza1603
  3. angeelu

I spent four long enjoyable years studying at Bolton Institute. The course I was studying involved a year in industry if your wondering why four years and not three. In my time at Bolton I studied for a degree in Civil Engineering. I started my industrial training year and ended up getting a full time job, thus I had to complete my fianl year through day release. This was allowed due to the flexibility of Institute and the wide variety of courses and modes of study available. At the time Bolton was one of the only places that offered both full time, sandwich and part time courses in Civil Engineering.

Bolton itself it a great little town, close to the big city amenities of Manchester and yet everything you need is here in the town itself.
The nightlife is outstanding with a wide variety of bars, pubs and clubs, together with a newly revamped students union.

The accomodation is cheap and the halls of residence offer a great service for the outlay. The college at the time I attended recieved inspection marks rating it in the top five in the country for Civil Engineering. Bolton Institute has strived for a long time to achieve univeristy status, only to be thwarted by the secretary of state.

« Previous review

Weez 24.05.2001 13:19

It's nice to see a fellow Bolton-Instituter online!!! Nice to see that you rated the place so well!!