Bonjela Cool Mint Gel

Bonjela Cool Mint Gel

Review of "Bonjela Cool Mint Gel"

published 17/03/2011 | DanielFullard
Member since : 21/04/2010
Please ignore the picture....I was drunk, very drunk!!!
Pro Everything
Cons Nothing
Side effects
Effectiveness

"Bonjela wonderful"

I am forever getting serious cases of mouth ulcers and find them not only painful, but with it inhibiting my enjoyment of eating, it has other side effects. Plus given I perform a role where I am talking all day in front of groups and with individuals particularly bad ulcers can really stop me from doing my day to day job. They even have an effect on my sleeping habits.

So I was advised to try this Bonjela Cool adult mint gel. One problem I had had with these types of products in the past was that the taste was purely awful and made me feel sick which meant there was a horrid taste in my mouth throughout the entire day. The idea of this being mint appealed as I like the flavour and if it worked medically then job done.

All you need to do is place a small, about the size of a bean, amount of the gel on your finger and rub into gently into the ulcer. The pain goes straight away and this serves as a great pain relief. Within minutes once the minty taste has faded you are left with the feeling of a clean mouth even though the ulcer is still lurking in the background. I tend to see it last around 40 minutes before the pain starts to come back so usually apply once an hour and it works. The minty taste also freshens the mouth a little and just makes the whole oral hygiene feel better. It reduces pain and increases the rate at which the ulcer will fade. Left unattended my ulcer lasts 6-7 days, with Bonjelas its gone in 2.

The tubes are small however and you wont get much use out of a full pack so if like me you tend to get a lot of ulcers you will find yourself buying this every 3-4 weeks but for price and performance its well worth it at around £3 a tube.

also on dooyoo

• MrBrightside1987 published 17/03/2011
    Thankfully I hardly get mouth ulcers so not much need for some Bonjela but very well reviewed =]
  • kineticspade published 17/03/2011
    Great review x
  • jojoborne published 17/03/2011
    Good stuff. I had some sent over to Holland recently. If your getting a lot of ulcers though you are low on something. Try taking an A-Z vitamin everyday or modifying your diet.

offers "Bonjela Cool Mint Gel"