Bonjela Cool Mint Gel

Bonjela Cool Mint Gel

Review of "Bonjela Cool Mint Gel"

published 04/11/2011 | xdonzx
Member since : 25/05/2007
Pro Works
Cons stings
Side effects
Effectiveness

"~ * Brilliant Jela! *~"

A few days ago, I had the worst mouth ulcer ever; It was a big massive thing, right on the 'thing' that connects your gum to your lip, so every time I moved my lips it would hurt. Eating and drinking was a nightmare. I do get mouth ulcers quite a bit, although they are usually little ones which don't bother me and usually disappear within a couple of days. NOT THIS ONE!

I am the kind of person who does not like using 'medicine' unless I really have to. So to begin with, I was not happy...but I was up for 'leaving it alone' and let it disappear in its own time. However ,after four whole days of agony and no sign of it vacating the premises anytime soon, I had to bring the Bonjela in.

For those of you who don't know, Bonjela is a leading British brand in the United Kingdom. Bonjela is designed for mouths; whether its sore gums you have or an ulcer. There are different versions available. Today, I will be reviewing 'Bonjela Cool' which you can buy from most supermarkets and chemists for around £3.

The Bonjela comes in a small tube; simply squeeze the tube and the Bonjela will 'squirt out'. The Bonjela consists of a clear gel. You only need around 1cm - and making sure you have clean fingers, apply it to the affected area.

When I first applied it, it proper stung and I instantly regretted putting Bonjela on it. It really hurts and makes your eye water. However, I was also thinking that if the ulcer was stinging then the Bonjela must have been working. After a few seconds I couldn't feel my ulcer - something I was very pleased about

The Bonjela lasted for around 3 or 4 hours and then the pain returned and it was time to add some more. Luckily the ulcer did eventually disappeared (after been there for around 6 days!).

The Bonjela has a really cooling effect and my mouth tasted all minted and felt really fresh.

Whilst this Bonjela worked for me, unfortunately it is not suitable for children under the age of 16 as there is something in it that can cause brain and liver damage, which is quite scary. It put me off using it at first. I was ok though and didn't suffer any side effects.Remember to read the full instructions before using.

I would definitely use this Bonjela again!

Thanks for reading!
November 2011
Xdonzx / xd-o-n-z-x

• Coloneljohn published 11/11/2011
    I always keep a tube handy. I really works. John

offers "Bonjela Cool Mint Gel"