Booking.com

Online Hotel Booking

Review of "Booking.com"

published 03/09/2009 | D_i_a_n_e
Member since : 15/08/2009
Pro easy to navigate and to book, don't charge anything, good prices
Cons none

"Booking accomodation for a reasonable price"

I used www.booking.com about 10 times in the last 5 years. We were in Prague, London, Strasbourg, Paris, Bourges, Nice, Orleans, Lido di Jesolo (some places for multiple plies). We booked our accommodation for our honeymoon as well via booking.com.

The site

When you click on http://www.booking.com you can see an orange rectangular panel. You have to fill the destination and the checking in and checking out dates. Press the Search button. Then if you wrote a large city like Paris there are some choices you can select from. There are the airports, so if you want a hotel near the CDG you have to click on the link they provided.

After you decided which location is appropriate to you there will be a list of hotels.
You can sort the hotels by stars, popularity, price for single room, price for double room and best rated by... ...all reviewers, young couples, mature couples, families with young children, families with older children, people with friends, groups and solo travellers.

The booking process

When we plan our holiday (3-4 months earlier) I check the possible hotels on booking.com. I read the reviews, I check some other sites on a particular hotel as well. I found that the description provided by booking.com and the reviewers is good. We weren't disappointed with any of the hotels. We tried luxurious hotels and cheap ones as well.

So when you decided which hotel would meet your expectations click on the hotel's name, choose which type of room do you want, the quantity of rooms and press book now.

You have to give your name, e-mail address, guest's name, credit card details. Then they need your address and telephone number. You get a PIN code. I usually print the confirmation email they send. I only needed once in France.

Cancelling a reservation

Once I had to cancel a hotel booking in Vienna. I used the link they sent in the confirmation letter and was easy, they didn't charge me anything.

My opinion

I like using this site to book the accommodation for our holidays because I can plan in advance and get good prices. It is very easy to navigate on the site.
Although I have to give my credit card details to them they never charged me anything. So I can make a booking in advance without having enough money for it. There are hotels where it is written that they charge a day in advance. Booking.com didn't charged me neither in that case. So I have only good experience with the site. I highly recommend it. I will surely use it in the future as well. I always write a review on the hotel because I like to read other people's reviews and are really helpful.

• marymoose99 published 03/09/2009
    It was after I used it last that my credit card details were used fraudulently, but not sure if that was due to them or the hotel...
  • muttleythefrog published 03/09/2009
    Well written review of the website. One day I'll have a holiday and try it!
  • hillhead published 03/09/2009