Review of "Boots 17 Instant Glow Shimmer Brick Gold Bronze"

published 19/07/2012 | Calla76
Member since : 14/07/2010
Thank you for all the reads and rates!
Pro Easy to use, gives skin a nice subtle glow
Cons Doesn't work miracles!
Length of Coverage
Ease of Removal
Visibility

"A pretty bronzer"

A cheap treat
I do like to treat myself to new make-up now and then, and as I do buy quite a bit I tend to stick to the cheaper brands, as I often find products that are excellent for low prices. 17, which is a brand available only in Boots, is one that I really like - products are relatively cheap but tend to be fun and good quality.
Stripy bronzer
I usually use bronzing beads as a bronzer but I have had my current ones for a while and was keen to try something new. And this one really caught my eye. It comes in a small black square-shaped compact, and inside there are four stripes of bronzer, which resembles much more expensive bronzing products. It comes in two varieties - pink bronze and gold bronze. I opted for gold bronze, which is the one pictured here. It costs £4.99 and with this you get 32 Boots Advantage Card points. There are also frequent deals across the 17 range including gifts with purchases over a certain amount, so do look out for these.

As I say this is a nice looking bronzer. The four shades of bronze in the compact start from quite dark moving up to a shimmery gold shade. The colours complement each other and none of them is too dramatic. To use this, I take a large blusher brush and gently roll this over the four colour to get a nice even mix of all four shades. This seems to work well and gives me just the right amount of powder.

A subtle glow
I apply this to the outside of my cheekbones after applying a pinky-coloured cream blush to the apples of my cheeks. The effect is very subtle - I have a light Asian skintone so this isn't at all dramatic or particularly obvious on me - instead it gives a very subtle hint of bronze and shimmer to my cheeks. This is just right for me as anything darker would just look odd and I prefer my bronzing products to give a more natural look.

In summary

I really like this bronzer. It isn't going to work miracles but it definitely gives my face a nice, subtle glow. It's really quick and easy to apply and overall I would recommend this if you after a simple but effective bronzing product.