wizo9000 5

wizo9000

Member since:25.08.2008

Give Yourself A Brazilian!

27.12.2010

Advantages:
Smells gorgeous, cleanses skin well, lightly moisturises

Disadvantages:
None

40 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. JasonJRogers
  2. luckyarchers
  3. KathEv

One of the few things I've treated myself to for Christmas (and I'm using early) is Boots Amazon Forest Brazil Nut & Vanilla Body Wash. I first used this product several years ago in the UK and loved it, so when I saw it on offer as part of a promotion in a Thai branch of Boots, I had to get it. In the Brazil Nut & Vanilla range, there is also a body butter, a body scrub (I wanted this but it was the most expensive of the range) and a bath cream. Maybe if Santa sends me some cash I can get the rest of the range!

Price

I bought my 200 ml Brazil Nut & Vanilla Body Wash as part of a promotion, where if you bought one item in the Amazon Forest range, you got a second for half price. The full price of the body wash was 180 Thai Baht (about £3.40) but as it was the cheaper of the two items I bought - I also opted for the body butter, see seperate review - it came for half price, with the body wash and body butter combined costing approximately £7, which I don't think is a bad price at all. It's definitely comparable to the UK prices of these products.
Packaging & Appearance

This Amazon-inspired body wash from Boots comes in a 200ml plastic squeezy tube, with the flat lid being situated at the bottom so the tube stands on this. The tube is transparent so you can see the cream coloured body wash inside, and which is also handy as you know when you're running out.

The lid is dark green, as with the other products in the Brazil Nut & Vanilla range, and the label on the front has the same branding, showing illustrations of the brazil nut and vanilla ingredients that go into this product. Overall, the packaging is pleasant to look at and functional. You just flip open the lid at the bottom, give a slight squeeze and out comes the body wash.

As with the other products in this range, the body wash is noted as being not tested on animals, which is important to me.

Scent & Use

As soon as you squeeze some of the body wash out and onto a shower puff or flannel (puff in my case) the smell of the product is very noticeable - it's a lovely sweet, warming vanilla scent with a milky nuttiness from the brazil nut ingredient. It's soft, sweet and has a lovely natural smell to it.

To use, just wash with this product as you would any other body wash. Personally, I find that a little of this product on a shower puff goes a long way, and produces a good amount of rich, gorgeous smelling lather. I've had products that lather up more than this and which have an even richer foam, but none of them smell half as good as this one.

The lathery foam cleanses the skin, washes off easily and doesn't leave any residue behind after it's gone. After showering with this bath foam, my skin does feel more moisturised than if I use another shower gel / foam, more so than my Lush Snow Fairy shower gel which I also love. My skin feels lightly moisturised after using this product and it's scent is left on my skin for an hour or so after use, which is great. If I use this in conjunction with the body butter, I can still easily smell the scent on my skin by the early afternoon, which is a big plus point for me as I love the smell.

This is a great product, in a great range of bath and body items and it doesn't really have a downside to it. It's very reasonably priced, particularly if you can find it on offer, it smells gorgeous and it does it's job very well, so I'm impressed!

JasonJRogers 14.03.2011 16:21

Sounds really lovely I do love the vanilla scent, great title...Well reviewed! x

arnoldhenryrufus 30.01.2011 16:17