Review of "Boots Baby Powder"

published 24/09/2011 | Wee_Jackie_163
Member since : 13/03/2009
~ Sorry I've not been around much, my beautiful son was born in December :-) ~
Pro Great quality & good value!
Cons None for me.
How gentle is it?
Fragrance
How easily is it absorbed?
Does the product work?

"Perfect Pampering Powder!"

I really adore the smell of baby bath and skin products in general and often use them myself as I find they are usually mild and gentle on my overly-sensitive skin and of course the beautiful scent is a major plus-point for yours truly!

Whilst shopping in a local branch of Boots recently, I decided to stock up on a few baby essentials for myself. I bought the 'Boots Baby Powder' which cost me only 70 pence which I thought was a great price and fantastic value.

The packaging comprises of a sturdy bottle made of robust white plastic. There is a circular plastic lid on top of the bottle which can be turned easily to reveal a number of small holes through which the baby powder can be dispensed. The white bottle is a generous 200g in size and it is worth noting that the 200g sized bottle of the "Johnson's Baby Powder" (my usual brand of choice) would have cost me around £1.20 from the same drugstore, so I was pleased with the saving that I made by switching to the Boots brand on this occasion.

The packaging for this product has a fairly clever design to it in that the sides of the bottle have a 'groove' design in them which allows the bottle to be held easily, even with wet (or in this case 'powdery') hands. Many of the items that I have bought from the Boots Baby range have this groove design to their packaging and I think it is quite a clever idea as it allows a good grip to be maintained on the bottle. Anyone who has dropped a bottle of baby powder in the past will know what a mess it can make, so I like the fact that this bottle allows me to hold it easily and properly!

The powder is quite a thick consistency and is certainly not similar to any of the 'budget' branded baby powder products that I have bought in the past that all seemed to be very thin, making them messy and inconvenient to use. In comparison, the Boots Baby powder is very thick, although it is not so thick that I have any problem in shaking the powder out from the bottle.

The powder feels quite luxurious to use on my freshly-bathed skin, and I like the fact that it is so easily absorbed into my skin. There is no need for me to rub the powder vigorously or use any real sort of effort, as I find the powder is quite light-feeling on my skin, making it rapidly absorbed, even though the powder is a fairly thick consistency, and this was a pleasant surprise to me.

The smell of the product is just divine and it is such a fresh, comforting smell that I have become quite addicted to using the powder recently and have used it on an almost-daily basis. I particularly like to use my range of assorted baby products at night time as I find the almost soapy, fresh aroma is even more pleasant when used at this time of the day. The scent of the Boots Baby powder lasts well on my skin and whilst it is very evident whilst I am using the product, I find that there is still a faint whiff of the aroma to be found on my skin by morning, some twelve hours after the product has been applied to my skin. This is a welcome trait of the product for me personally, and I think it is a result of the product being one of a fairly high quality.

I would of course been horrified if I had suffered any ill-effects from using the product, given the fact it is a product that has been designed for babies, but I am pleased to report that this has not been the case at all, nor has it caused any irritation to my overly-sensitive skin. In actual fact, it seems to have 'calmed' a small, slightly troublesome patch of eczema that has been bothering me recently so this is a little bonus point for me, and one that I hadn't expected! I certainly would have no issue with using the product on a young baby or child. I'm sure that the rather confident statements on the front of the plastic bottle would be reassuring to parents, given that the product is "Hypo-allergenic" and has been "Consultant Dermatologist & Paediatrician approved".

All in all I was highly impressed with the Boots Baby powder and have already purchased a second bottle. It is a product that I would highly recommend and I will continue to buy it for myself.

The Boots Baby powder is available to buy in-store in branches of Boots and I believe there are two sizes of the powder available. The bottle that I bought (200g) will cost 70 pence, and the larger bottle (500g) will cost £2.05 which I think is extremely good value for money. Boots products can be bought online at their website (www.boots.com) although postage and packaging costs will apply to the above prices.

• mumsymary published 25/09/2011
    Good product well reviewed
  • angelboouk123 published 24/09/2011
    i love this one! x
  • TheNuttyTart published 24/09/2011
    That is really good value! :o)