Boots Cradle Cap Cream

Boots Cradle Cap Cream

Boots Cradle Cap Cream for the treatment of cradle or scurf cap. Moistens the skin and prevents soreness. Can be used from birth.

Review of "Boots Cradle Cap Cream"

published 08/03/2012 | Spottydog11
Member since : 07/09/2007
Reviews : 1977
Pro Provides moisture
Cons None
Side effects
Effectiveness

"Cradle cap cream"

My little boy and little girl both suffer from quite a bit of cradle cap. So what exactly is cradle cap? Well, according to an article I read, Cradle cap (infantile or neonatal seborrhoeic dermatitis, also known as crusta lactea, milk crust, honeycomb disease) is a yellowish, patchy, greasy, scaly and crusty skin rash that occurs on the scalp of recently born babies.

It doesn't seem to bother my little girl and I am using Dentinox treatment shampoo in her bath and so far it has been getting rid of it, slowly but surely. The cradle cap seems to bother my little boy though as he is always scratching at it and making it worse in my opinion so as well as using the Dentinox shampoo for him I decided to get some of this cradle cap cream from Boots in the hope that it would clear it up.

A 25g tube costs £2.09 which I don't think is too expensive however I have got through two tubes already so you will need to use quite a bit of it in order to see results. I chose this cream because it said on the tube that it is used to moisten the skin and prevent soreness. The cream is really easy to use. Its a fairly thick white cream and you only need to squeeze a little bit out at a time. The directions tell you to rub in onto the scalp 2 or 3 times a day. I use it first thing in the morning on my sons head and then after his bath as well when his skin is fairly dry. The cream rubs in well to the skin and stays there for a little bit and then soaks in well. It seems to moisten the skin well and it does take his dryness away quite a little bit. It hasn't completely cleared up the cradle cap but I think it has definitely slowed down his scratching and made the area look a bit better.

It says that you should use this cream in conjunction with a treatment shampoo which is what I do and I think the combination of the two is working well. I probably need to carry on with the two pronged treatment for quite a few weeks/months and I think I will keep on with using this cream for a while now.

Obviously I am not a healthcare professional so before you start using this treatment I recommend you ask your doctor or pharmacist about it for any advice but so far for my son it is working.

Product Information : Boots Cradle Cap Cream

Member since:07.09.2007

Reviews:1977

Cradle cap cream

08.03.2012

Advantages:
Provides moisture

Disadvantages:
None

Side effects

Effectiveness

Price2.09

26 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Coloneljohn
  2. vaizer
  3. Rosebudwithredroses
  1. Mistee-Dreamz

A 25g tube costs 2.09 which I don't think is too expensive however I have got through two tubes already so you will need to use quite a bit of it in order to see results. I chose this cream because it said on the tube that it is used to moisten the skin and prevent soreness. The cream is really easy to use. Its a fairly thick white cream and you only need to squeeze a little bit out at a time. The directions tell you to rub in onto the scalp 2 or 3 times a day. I use it first thing in the morning on my sons head and then after his bath as well when his skin is fairly dry. The cream rubs in well to the skin and stays there for a little bit and then soaks in well. It seems to moisten the skin well and it does take his dryness away quite a little bit. It hasn't completely cleared up the cradle cap but I think it has definitely slowed down his scratching and made the area look a bit better.

Write your own review Report a problem with this reviews content

Add the first comment!