Review of "Boots Fresh Angelic Apricot Soap Bar"

published 10/01/2003 | SusanLesley
Member since : 21/10/2000
Pro Reasonable price, pleasant to use
Cons Nothing special

"It's angelic just like me"

OK maybe not like me .......

I did a fair bit of Christmas shopping in our local branch of Boots this year. This was partly to do with the fact that there were some decent offers on and partly to do with the fat that I was collecting stickers to get free soft toys (I ended up with a lion and a tiger!)

Anyway, whenever I go into Boots my first stop is always the Advantage card machine where you can get vouchers for bonus points on certain items or certain levels of spend.

This was how I came to be walking round Boots with a voucher for bonus points if I purchased an item from the Boots Fresh range.

The range of items based on a food theme looked quite comprehensive and all of it looked good. I chose to buy the Angelic Apricot Soap Bar at a cost of £2 for two reasons, firstly because it was about the cheapest things that I could buy and still get the bonus points and secondly I do love nice soap.

The bar is 125g in weight and comes packaged in opaque greaseproof paper, so that the ridged apricot coloured soap is clearly visible, and it looked lovely I have to say.

The writing on the front of the packet says ‘polish away dry skin with our refreshing apricot stone and goats milk soap’ so that sounded good to me. I tend to find that my skin does get dry with the windy weather we get here by the coast, especially when it’s coupled with the exfoliating feature of sand blowing around!!

The bar of soap is quite a chunky with distinct ridges along it. The tiny little bits of apricot stone do slough away the dry skin to a certain extent although if you really needed to exfoliate you would need to use one of the products especially made for this purpose. The same applies to the moisturising qualities of the goats’ milk. There again my skin felt good but I still needed to apply my moisturiser once I had dried off.

The perfume of the soap is apricot, naturally enough, and is pleasant but not very strong at all.

Although I bought my tablet of soap from Boots, this and all the other Boots products are available by mail order from www.wellbeing.com

In conclusion I would say that I enjoyed using the soap but probably wouldn’t both buying it again, especially as the little bits of apricot stone make the bath or shower a bit of a nuisance to clean!

By the way – talking of Christmas I had lots of new things to try so look out for lots of new opinions – when I get the free time to write them that is!

• KarenUK published 16/01/2003
    I love apricot stuff :-)
  • belinda9 published 16/01/2003
    I love buying toiletries, and even though I sometimes buy bars of soap, i do prefer Liquid soap now.
  • Schmutzie published 10/01/2003
    I'll try this, because I love the things I've bought in the Fresh range.