Review of "Boots Moisturising Nail Polish Remover Pads"

published 09/10/2011 | star3683
Member since : 14/11/2010
Pro quick, easy, mess free.
Cons slightly pricey
Performance
Harshness to Skin

"Remove those chips!"

I usually use nail varnish removing liquid on a cotton wool ball or pad to remove my nail varnish but when I go on holiday I tend to buy the pre-soaked nail varnish removing pads as they save on weight in your case and will not leak. So when I was getting all of my toiletries ready for our honeymoon to Mexico I purchased a tub of the Boots Moisturising Nail Polish Remover Pads.

The pads come in a small white tub which can easily be opened as they have a screw top lid. You get 15 pads in each tub and they are currently on sale for £1.50 in Botts stores or on their website. This is not the cheapest nail varnish remover pads on the market but as I was in a hurry I literally just purchased all of my toiletries from Boots in one go to save time shopping around.

The pads themselves contain Lanolin and Vitamin E to moisturise the nail and are Acetone free. When you first open the tub you are not hit by a wave of fumes as I have found in the past with some nail varnish remover pads. In fact the smell is quite subtle and sweet which I was pleasantly surprised by.

On the back of the tub it tells you to wipe a pad quickly over each nail then return to the nails one by one and remove all traces of nail varnish with a firm rubbing action. This is how I usually use these wipes anyway as I find the initial sweep makes the product start working on lifting the varnish from the nail. I didn’t have to rub too hard and the varnish came off very well, even around the edges of the nail.

All in all I was very happy with the results of these nail varnish removing pads and I would buy them again even though they are slightly more expensive than other brands they do work and I did not need to spend 10minutes on each nail. I am not quite sure how they moisturisation of the nail works as my nails did not seem to feel any different but I suppose it does not do them any harm to have these ingredients included.

• LadyValkyrie published 09/10/2011
    These sound easier than using the bottles of remover - I wouldn't mind trying them.
  • catsholiday published 09/10/2011
    I always use pads when travelling too - no danger of spillages!